metallic green Klein fork - info needed

Maxipedia

Retro Guru
Cheers, people!

I recently got this metallic green Klein fork that looks kind of unusual to me and I'd like to find out more about it. Here it is:

DSC_0291.JPG

DSC_0292.JPG

DSC_0293.JPG

DSC_0294.JPG

I could actually trace this thing back a bit. 13 years ago, one of out top XC junior raced a pretty common aluminium hardtail with this exact fork and he was the oddball since everybody else was using suspension. I recently saw this fork in an ad on our Romanian site from a guy whom I talked to before and he lived close to the area where the XC guy from back in the day lives. He was selling some tires and a frame and this fork was in the image. I thought to myself "This can't be...", so I messaged him and asked what fork it was. He said that it's a Klein, just as I suspected and I asked how much he wanted for it. He said he would sent it to me with no charge, as I helped him a while ago in a scam siatuation he had, but I insisted that I can't take it for free, so he said that he'd like a RockShox fork pump when I could get a hold of one. Yesterday this came with the mail. I don't have anything to put it on, but I want to keep it since I associate it with XC racing from when I was in high school and you never know what matching frame pops up.

Do you have any idea about it? I am no Klein expert, but I haven't seen one in this color ever before. What model can this be from? The paint looks original to me.

Thanks, as usual.
Mx

Back