Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:03 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Emmelle info?
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 12:23 pm 
retrobike rider / Gold Trader

When I got my 1989 Tufftrax and Beavis got his 1990 Palisades bitd a couple of lads we knew had 1989 Emmelle Dolomites. As mentioned they had mostly Mountain LX gear although I think they had a few down grades to Exage Country like my Tufftrax from memory. Very similar spec I seem to remember, even possibly down to the Deore thumbies. They had a redish/purple/black marble effect paint job.

Beavis and me used to lord it over the Emmelle riders as our bikes cost a bit more (£360/70 for ours, £320? for theirs) so were obviously better. They then chopped the Emmelle's in for a 1990 Alpinestars Cro-Mega DX and Al-Mega XT which put us back in our box. :oops: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 12:43 pm 

brocklanders023 wrote:
When I got my 1989 Tufftrax and Beavis got his 1990 Palisades bitd a couple of lads we knew had 1989 Emmelle Dolomites. As mentioned they had mostly Mountain LX gear although I think they had a few down grades to Exage Country like my Tufftrax from memory. Very similar spec I seem to remember, even possibly down to the Deore thumbies. They had a redish/purple/black marble effect paint job.

Beavis and me used to lord it over the Emmelle riders as our bikes cost a bit more (£360/70 for ours, £320? for theirs) so were obviously better. They then chopped the Emmelle's in for a 1990 Alpinestars Cro-Mega DX and Al-Mega XT which put us back in our box. :oops: :lol:

Do you remember if they were the double U Dolomites?

CArl.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 1:50 pm 
Retro Guru

So anyone got a picture of the smoke Dolomite?? Had no idea mine was the pick of the bunch! (just knew it wasn't a saramarispeshfox)

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 2:10 pm 

drcarlos wrote:
brocklanders023 wrote:

Do you remember if they were the double U Dolomites?

CArl.

Can't say for sure but I think they were canti's front and back. Defo not double U, maybe rear U but probably canti's all round.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 3:16 pm 
Retro Guru

Emmelle were complete load of shit,
Had one for about a month, got money back as forks bent right back and frame was bent too.
Got a Raleigh Massif instead.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 4:05 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider

had 2 back in the day, a Cortina and a Cougar I think. 100GS on 1, 200GS on the other. Can't remember which way round. Would have been 90/91? I liked them, but but were stolen when only months old. Replaced the last one with my Topanga with 300LX, before the upgrades began.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 7:49 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider

Sounds like I won't be bidding against you lot then! :lol:

SP

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 11:30 pm 
Devout Dirtbag

I have an Emmelle Classic Aluminium 200 in dayglo yellow which is actually a reasonable bike and looks great. I've never seen another, the components suggest it is about 1990. My boy rides an Emmelle Slammer which is a bit heavy, but he likes it.

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 6:51 pm 
Retro Guru

Here's a 'team' model, can't really see if frame/parts any good (rear mech looks cheap) but it looks interesting
http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewit ... 1934897209

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 7:02 pm 

jaypee wrote:
Here's a 'team' model, can't really see if frame/parts any good (rear mech looks cheap) but it looks interesting
http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewit ... 1934897209

Nope its poop, biggest clues are lack of much hanger on the frame and the cheap seat post and saddle clamp.

Carl

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next