Emmelle info?

Cortina and dolomite were the best models that I remember cromo frames and exage trail on the cortina with a smokey finish like diamond backs. Dolomite was double u brake at one point with a red and white fade and a higher spec group than the cortina but I'm not sure exactly which one.

Carl

I had an Emmelle Dolomite in about 1991, don't remember if I got it new or what it was like - seem to remember it being better than a BSO but knowing it wasn't really up to much. Had the smoky finish in red/black. Would love to see a pic of one.

Here's the frame my friend had

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Retro-1980s-M ... 872771712?

Only plain gauge cromo but not high ten and fastback stays and 2 u-brake mounts, his was somewhat smaller. I have a feeling this may have come fitted with mountain LX as it was 21 speed.

Carl.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
NeilM":3l5xvbsh said:
Emmelle was a brand that was owned and marketed by distributors Moore Large.
in dunstable, and the rep from them that used to visit us went on to start chaineys in milton keynes. nice guy too.
but yea, pretty much anything that moore and large sold was low end.

I have a 1987 (I think) green splatter paint effect Dolomite in my hallway at the moment. Building it up for MacRetro National event in Aviemore. Frame and forks are pretty nice and not heavy, definitely chromolly steel of some description. Very nicely put together and a surprise to me because Emmelle and BSO are terms linked in my mind. I had a friend with a Cortina in the past, pretty good bike I later realised but not at the time :oops:

Well I've spotted one on eBay which looks ok.... I'll take a punt and then if I win I'll post it up on here. I only want it as a station hack bike.

SP

Back