Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:24 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:08 pm 
Retro Guru

Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:00 pm
Posts: 523
Location: Ely. UK
Not owned one up to yet, as always worked on the floor, bench, workmate, suspended from the ceiling of the garage etc... I'm sure you've all been there.
Any recommendations of what's out there, fairly cheap to mid priced range please...

Cheers

Rich


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:14 pm 
Old School Hero
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:53 am
Posts: 163
Location: Farnborough
I have one of these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HOME-MECHANIC-FOLDING-BIKE-CYCLE-REPAIR-STAND/150544733103?ssPageName=WDVW&rd=1&ih=005&category=109122&cmd=ViewItem and it does the job for what I need it for, also have a wall mount one for the zaskar.

Similar ones appear at Lidl occasionally too.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:45 pm 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:18 pm
Posts: 1515
Location: South Yorkshire
Decathlon have a very reasonably priced one, I have had one of these about five years and it is great, solidly made too.

http://www.decathlon.co.uk/bike-work-station-specific-bike-tool-id_8034462.html


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:53 pm 
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:38 am
Posts: 2679
Location: Norfolkshire
Have a look at this thread,

viewtopic.php?t=239918

I've got the one from Clas Ohlson, very good value, and well made :) £59-£69 depending on in-store offers. And they do mail order :)

http://www.clasohlson.com/uk/Pr344135000/Pr344135000

Jussa :)


Attachments:
8873081372702.jpg
8873081372702.jpg [ 12.21 KiB | Viewed 437 times ]
8873081405470.jpg
8873081405470.jpg [ 60.68 KiB | Viewed 437 times ]


Last edited by Jussa on Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:57 pm 
Newbie

Joined: Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:12 pm
Posts: 5
Location: East Malling, Kent, UK
dw_uk2000 wrote:
I have one of these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HOME-MECHANIC-FOLDING-BIKE-CYCLE-REPAIR-STAND/150544733103?ssPageName=WDVW&rd=1&ih=005&category=109122&cmd=ViewItem and it does the job for what I need it for, also have a wall mount one for the zaskar.

Similar ones appear at Lidl occasionally too.

For what they do and as specified these are really good value - have one and it works really well.
Ian


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:05 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:59 am
Posts: 4437
Location: Near Southampton
storey wrote:
dw_uk2000 wrote:
I have one of these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HOME-MECHANIC-FOLDING-BIKE-CYCLE-REPAIR-STAND/150544733103?ssPageName=WDVW&rd=1&ih=005&category=109122&cmd=ViewItem and it does the job for what I need it for, also have a wall mount one for the zaskar.

Similar ones appear at Lidl occasionally too.

For what they do and as specified these are really good value - have one and it works really well.
Ian


Have one of these too...think mine was £30! (was a few years back)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:46 pm 
East Midlands Deputy AEC
East Midlands Deputy AEC
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:39 pm
Posts: 2028
Location: Ashby-de-la-Zouch
£30 from Lidl, when in. Some limitations but brilliant for the money
I spent years with a makeshift stand and wish I hadn't.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:15 pm 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:55 pm
Posts: 357
Location: Mid Cornwall
Ive been thinking about getting one of these for a while but couldnt afford the expensive ones. was wary about getting a cheap one as thought they might be naff but if that £30 one is ok then I might get one.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:12 am 
Retro Guru

Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:00 pm
Posts: 523
Location: Ely. UK
Cheers all :D


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:37 pm 
East Midlands Deputy AEC
East Midlands Deputy AEC
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:39 pm
Posts: 2028
Location: Ashby-de-la-Zouch
MarinMartin wrote:
Ive been thinking about getting one of these for a while but couldnt afford the expensive ones. was wary about getting a cheap one as thought they might be naff but if that £30 one is ok then I might get one.


Same for me, and I was really surprised, pleasantly. :)


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bartsince1975, Big Block, Piperdave, shedobits, Stylus, tigern and 36 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

About Us

Follow Retrobike

Other cool stuff

All content © 2005-2015 Retrobike unless otherwise stated.
Cookies Policy.
bikedeals - the best bike deals in one place
FatCOGS - Fat Chance Owner's Group

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group