Fitting grips

Antfox

Retro Guru
Just about to fit my nos onza porky paws and wondered what's the best thing to use to fit them?

It used to be hairspray ! But it has fegged up in the past.

Also what's te best thing to clean my bars with ? To ensure all grease is removed ?

Cheers Anthony

I fit mine by putting water on the handlebar and the inside of the grips. That makes them slide on a lot easier. By the time the grips are in the right position, it'll get more difficult to move them. Leave overnight and they won't move anymore until you really want to get them off.

yes, water is good so long as you dont want to ride immediately after fitting as things take a bit to dry out.....

Antfox,
Last time, I bought a small 75ml cheap tube of Boots extra firm hold hairspray. Most modern hairsprays come with moisturisers, lubricants, perfume, etc, added – this doesn't do the job for grippy grips.
I used this basic Boots spray on my current Porcipaws and they've never shifted.

By the way, where did you buy your NOS Porcipaws? Mine are almost smooth now and need replacing :(

H

Water may seem a good idea then , I bought one pair off the bay and got the second off here karma.

With porky paws and porcupine tyres my bike should look sweet :)

Thanks for the replies

Ant

Latest posts

Back