Which is an example of a Top of the Range MTB Stem?

ibbz

Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Karma King
Dyna-Tech Fan
Feedback
View
Something I've been thinking about for a while, what would be the Phil Wood, the Royce the Chris King of stems be, the top of the range exquisite beautifully elegantly crafted expensive dogs bollocks MTB stems?
Both Quill and AHead?

I'm curious.

Someone said Ibis - anyone have pics of their MTB with such an exquisite type of Stem?

I terms of bolting the handlebars firmly to the steering even be cheapest is liable to do an effective job. It comes down to weight and bling factor rather than any operational differences.

In effect, the stem from an Activator will work as admirably as a Syncros job, and will have yu fighting off the fadge with a pointy stick.

Syncros, Answer Atac, Salsa, Controltech, Ringle. I'm a big fan of Kore and Ritchey Forcelite too though neither are top end.

ibbz":1qfo5fyl said:
FluffyChicken":1qfo5fyl said:
Syncros no point in the rest.

Serious??

Me yes, I suppose the only other to have at the time was the Answer A-tac.
Both top notch, good looking stiff & light stems

Ringle Zooka stem was a neat looking stem in the same league and had the tidy removable faceplate.

The one thing with all three is they do not suit some bikes and the ControlTech tended to fit the bill a bit better sometimes.

You mention ibis, expensive Ti and not quite right looking to me.

There where of course more expensive stems made from Ti, but I don't and didn't see the point.

The Cook Bros mentioned (VGS ?), is nice, really nice looking on it's own. But tends to have that style build in mind...

FluffyChicken":2z94p1uv said:
ibbz":2z94p1uv said:
FluffyChicken":2z94p1uv said:
Syncros no point in the rest.

Serious??

Me yes, I suppose the only other to have at the time was the Answer A-tac.
Both top notch, good looking stiff & light stems

Ringle Zooka stem was a neat looking stem in the same league and had the tidy removable faceplate.

The one thing with all three is they do not suit some bikes and the ControlTech tended to fit the bill a bit better sometimes.

You mention ibis, expensive Ti and not quite right looking to me.

There where of course more expensive stems made from Ti, but I don't and didn't see the point.

Cheers man, as I do like Syncros, and have a Syncros Cattlehead and Cattleprod on two of my bikes and do like them, especially the Quill one.
But I didn't realise they were top end

I also like the Pace stem and Ringle Zooka.

The Ibis Ti looks like the Controltech - but nicer finish.

Back