What new 1" ahead sets are out there?

makster

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Has anyone found any good ones recently?
I've been searching and there doesn't seem to be much in between an el-cheapo £12 jobbie and a £100 Chris King!

Ritchey still have a couple of decent headsets in 1"; CRC have some, SJS are a bit pricey and UKbikestore seem to have a couple of different options.

Yeah there are some decent and reasonably priced Ritchey ones out there.
I went for a campagnolo Record headset, mid-priced but good quality.

Just installed a Cane Creek S1 on offer £5 Chain Reaction.......sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

Normally at £29.

Well pleased included postage.

I am ordering another

Pyro Tim":sx1pn9jy said:
makster":sx1pn9jy said:
dirttorpedo":sx1pn9jy said:
Have you checked velo orange, IRD, and Rivendell bikes yet?

I hadn't, and quite like the look of these... http://www.interlocracing.com/headset.html
No supply in the UK though
United Kingdom Distributor:

Fine ADC
16 Bridge Road
Edinburgh
EH13 0LQ
+44 (0) 131 441 6860
E-mail: info@fine-adc.com

Fine are the distributor, they do not sell direct, however if you have a good relationship with your LBS I am sure they will get in touch and order for you. I have just ordered an IRD freewheel and Bottom Beacket, partly out of curiosity and partly because I want to use this stuff on my commuter so need to know what the quality is like.

Its refreshing to see a Company put some effort into making a quality freewheel and square taper BB, the call for it could be increasingly large (see Suntour rise again thread).

Drop me a PM if you want to go the IRD route but are struggling to get hold of it.

Back