p7 decals

emjay

Gold Trader
Orange 🍊 Fan
Feedback
View
I recently bought a new set of decals for my 95 p7. My old ones had allready been taken off in readiness for these. When i recieved the new ones they seemed a different size. Could one of you guys do quick measurement for me with the length of the main orange sign and the size of the lettering and also the downtube logos.
They are the in the thicker style capitals.
cheers.

Main ORANGE decal 255 long from letter O to E

DSC_0212.jpg

Main ORANGE decal letter height using the letter O 19mm (they all 19mm) and photographing the letter R

DSC_0216.jpg

Main ORANGE decal letter width using the letter O 40mm (All different widths)

DSC_0213.jpg

SEAT tube decal 100mm long from letter O to E

DSC_0217.jpg

Seat tube decal letter height 8.5mm

DSC_0218.jpg

Seat post decal width using the letter O 18mm

DSC_0219.jpg

Hope this helps, if you need anymore just ask away

Who made up your decals, if there correct I may need some making too.

If you need to know where they start finish etc I can help with that if needed but I may need to ring you for more precise help

Dave

Hi dave

These are great.

I forgot to also ask for the complete measurement including orange logo. sorry!!

The website who can do them is dnfive.co.uk (Ian)

I've sent Ian a couple of decals (E3 and E4). He also does them in the typcal flouescent orange which would look perfect on your p7. But i think we need to get the sizing right first, I think his font size is wrong. Anyway see what what you think.
If you want to get them amended to you size go for it
Regards.

Mark

Just measured my new decals to your measurements dave.
My main decal letters are height 24mm width 44mm yours are h 19mm w 40mm. (my decals are way to large)
The seat tubes are ok though.
If you can just measure the full decal length including the orange logo so we can give accurate measurements to him.

Cheers.

From the Orange logo to the Letter E on the main decal it is 290mm and the Orange logo itself is 21mm

The main decal letters are different widths, the other thing I can do is make a rubbing using masking tape and send it to you in the post so you have an accurate sizing??

Dave

I think your 290x21 for the main tube is perfect.

My estimation for the seatpost is 130x18

Also the head tube diameter is showing 48mm, i think this is more like 41mm.

Sorry i should have said the head tube diameter of the new decal is 48mm, i think it is more like 41mm

Seat post orange logo is 20mm and overall 132mm

Headtube Orange logo is 40mm left to right and 41mm height bizarrely enough.

The other option you have is to contact Gil m on here as he may have the decals on file, but I would check sizes first just to be sure.

Or go to a sign writers with a rubbing of the originals and they should be able to scan them in and recreate them in any colour choice.

edit = measured headtube logo again after seeing you mentioned yours is 41mm.

Back