What is the correct fork for my 1991 Klein Attitude?

swannymere

Kona Fan
Feedback
View
Apologies for another boring Klein question :p I've got a 1991 Klein Attitude fitted with Manitou 4's, what's the correct rigid fork that it would have been sold with and how much should i expect to pay for it? (colour unimportant as it's getting resprayed) What are my Manitou's worth? Cheers me dears.

I sold you the bike. Love to see some pics when you go for the colour change.

I think you have to go with the forks you can find. As a 1991/2 (Flare red with taller and narrower seat clamp) you probably need the later Uni-Klein rigid fork with rounded "shoulders". Both the Uni-Klein and box are rare though but a few have popped up on eBay this year. You will need the exact measurement for your size frame measured between the bearing interfaces. In the meantime get some elastomers and ride her with the Manitous as you will probably get £100 tops for these. They are more interesting with the Klein steerer though.

Not disagreeing with the above suggestion however as there are many with Box and many with Uni-Klein from 1991/92 but the Flare red appears in the 1992 colour chart so it may suggest it is late 1991 or early 1992. I don't think anyone will argue with you as the new colour will dictate the right choice. If you go with a Dolomite for instance then a Box will be better and go with a HLF and Uni-Klein etc..

Thanks

24pouces":39oasrj4 said:
But Tinker rode the Uniklein in 1991 ;)

As a factory racer he would have gotten pre-release products for testing, and as I said before the vast majority of 91 Attitudes got the box crown. Some late year production runs might have gotten the uniklein fork. But as far as the spec goes the box crown fork is correct for a 91 frame.

Tinker also had Storm in 92/93 and we didn't get it until 94...

Good call, its the early style decal (non debossed "r" above the Klein) so you have a point that could lean it towards the Box fork. Again I guess it depends on the chosen colour scheme.

Cheers

Baldyz1":350p6jmb said:
Good call, its the early style decal (non debossed "r" above the Klein) so you have a point that could lean it towards the Box fork. Again I guess it depends on the chosen colour scheme.

Cheers

Are the decals solid black or do they have a white outline around the letters?

Back