Semi-slick tyre recomendations

widowmaker

Gold Trader
Roberts Fan
Feedback
View
Hi

Looking for some semi-slick (poss knobblies if low rolling resitance) tyres for my family bike, my Wifes bikes and also my sons.

My needs are

26 x 2.1
Suitable for trails, towpaths disused railways etc, nothing too hardcore, plus some tarmac use.
Decent resistance to punctures
Low rolling resistance
Look kind of knobbly
Cheapish ( as i need 6 :( )

Soo quite a lot to ask for :D

Any advice on those i should shortlist, and any super deals out there.

If you can take it down to 1.95 (I measured them at 2.0 on my bike though), I can recommend the Specialized Crossroads (pic here). I used to have them on my 503, and they were great. Rolled like a slick on pavement, gripped like a knobbly tyre on sand/gravel/snow.
Great puncture protection, good mileage and cheap too. Available in blackwall and armadillo wall (a shade of dark red / maroon)
Not that easy to find apparently, and the ones currently on eBay are listed for 1.5 to 2 times what I paid mine.

listing for a pair at £42, but that's with inner tubes included

only one left here at £15, but the seller will probably put 10 more on if this one sells, so you may want to contact him.

You may have more luck searching for them than me. My eBay often gives different results due to the different country.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
widowmaker":3k088xvu said:
Hi

Looking for some semi-slick (poss knobblies if low rolling resitance) tyres for my family bike, my Wifes bikes and also my sons.

My needs are

26 x 2.1
Suitable for trails, towpaths disused railways etc, nothing too hardcore, plus some tarmac use.
Decent resistance to punctures
Low rolling resistance
Look kind of knobbly
Cheapish ( as i need 6 :( )

Soo quite a lot to ask for :D

Any advice on those i should shortlist, and any super deals out there.

Only 1.75, but I quite like these

Raging_Bulls":37t35si9 said:
If you can take it down to 1.95 (I measured them at 2.0 on my bike though), I can recommend the Specialized Crossroads. I used to have them on my 503, and they were great. Rolled like a slick on pavement, gripped like a knobbly tyre on sand/grave/snow.
Great puncture protection, good mileage and cheap too.
Not that easy to find, and the ones currently on eBay are listed for 1.5 to 2 times what I paid mine.

listing for a pair at £42, but that's with inner tubes included

only one left here at £15, but the seller will probably put 10 more on if this one sells, so you may want to contact him.

You may have more luck searching for them than me. My eBay often gives different results due to the different country.

They sound just what i am looking for, ill add them to the shortlist - Thanks !

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
At the road end of things, Specialized Hemisphere. At the off road end, Geax El Gato(very cheap form Wiggle) or Panaracer Fire XC 1.8.

Halo Twin Rail.
Fast as a slick, puncture resistant, look knobbly and under £18 a tyre. Also available in skinwall.

tyha-tr-26-ssk.jpg

What about Charge Splashbacks ? I'm thinking of a pair as I need similar to you.
Although they look knobbly I've been hearing they roll really well. Anyone got thoughts ?

Latest posts

Back