wadsy

BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
BoTY Winner
98+ BoTM Winner
Kona Fan
Feedback
View
I seem to recal seeing a hybrid RS fork - Judy lower legs (with canti hanger) and SID uppers/CSU....anyone know if this is possible or not and have any info? :)

Cheers

Pretty sure early sids really are a slimmed down judy...should be doable with the mid-late 90s Judys anyway.

shogun":3d9g2mzq said:
Pretty sure early sids really are a slimmed down judy...should be doable with the mid-late 90s Judys anyway.

from 98' lower legs are pretty similar from judy to sid but none got the cantis hanger. only first generation from 95' until 97/98 judys got the hanger but legs cannot accept sid internal as bolts hole on legs are smaller than late versions...
from 99' versions everything is possible as my 99' sid sl is running judy legs :mrgreen:

kikideparis":wstq38dd said:
shogun":wstq38dd said:

from 98' lower legs are pretty similar from judy to sid but none got the cantis hanger. only first generation from 95' until 97/98 judys got the hanger but legs cannot accept sid internal as bolts hole on legs are smaller than late versions...
from 99' versions everything is possible as my 99' sid sl is running judy legs :mrgreen:

Ok, so are you saying that 99 (sid) version will fit Judy legs with canti hanger?

wadsy":2lykkljo said:
Ok, so are you saying that 99 (sid) version will fit Judy legs with canti hanger?
No ! :oops: only if you enlarge the bolt holes of an early judy's legs :shock:
from 97' for judy and of course 98' for sid the canti hanger was a stinky piece of s... you have to screw on the legs arch :?
my sid is running 99 judy legs without canti hanger...

kikideparis":1dh1zze2 said:
wadsy":1dh1zze2 said:
from 97' for judy and of course 98' for sid the canti hanger was a stinky piece of s... you have to screw on the legs arch :?

In fact you can fit MK2 inners to MK1 Judy's without drilling the lower legs out,

I've fitted 1998 80mm upgrade kit to my 95 MK1's that were orinally running only
50mm inners and then fitted 100mm long travel DH upgrade kit also from 98 to
another set of XC MK1's

The only difference is the bolt hole on one leg

See link below, granted its not a two minute modification but after a wee bit of interal surgery
no-one would every know, mine have been on three National Retro Bike rides and performed as
well as any factory offering.

viewtopic.php?p=1486060#1486060

Yep, Judy legs aren't exactly rare, have an engineering place drill footbolt hole out to spec and away you go.

Retro Spud":1qiqa26f said:
kikideparis":1qiqa26f said:
wadsy":1qiqa26f said:

In fact you can fit MK2 inners to MK1 Judy's without drilling the lower legs out,

I've fitted 1998 80mm upgrade kit to my 95 MK1's that were orinally running only
50mm inners and then fitted 100mm long travel DH upgrade kit also from 98 to
another set of XC MK1's

The only difference is the bolt hole on one leg

See link below, granted its not a two minute modification but after a wee bit of interal surgery
no-one would every know, mine have been on three National Retro Bike rides and performed as
well as any factory offering.

viewtopic.php?p=1486060#1486060

Thanks for the info Spud :) ...

...but are you talking just about Judys or fitting Judy legs to sid 'uppers' and internals?

Cheers

Back