klein attitude went cheap

jaypee

Senior Retro Guru
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
The same people were making them, by and large, up until they moved to Winsconsin.

They may have less of the 'magic' of the early models, but are much of a muchness with what was being produced immediately before the buy out.

It is rather arbitrary choosing the point where a change in ownership rather than workforce occurred to suggest everything was suddenly 'crap'.

Does this mean bikes produced but not sold before the day of the buy out were immediately crap because they might have been sold a few days later?

Daft.

They were crap, period - end of story. Don't argue.

No more innovation, assembly line mentality, less model differentiation, some models were built offsite not by the same people, arguable a lot of the good people left, should I go on?

Go on as long as you like, you won't convince me that a bike produced by the same workers a day after a buy out were suddenly crap.

highlandsflyer":cm8grtoe said:
Go on as long as you like, you won't convince me that a bike produced by the same workers a day after a buy out were suddenly crap.

Normally I'd roll my eyes and just unsubscribe from this post. However, I'll make an exception in this case.

I've been to the factory post buyout, I've spoken to the people who were there before and after, I've interviewed the man on this very matter and you are simply wrong. Your opinion is based on an incorrect assumption that it was all the same people (which it wasn't) and you fail to consider any alternative.

Even if you were right and everybody stayed, a simple fact is that Klein before Trek was dedicated to making the best product ever irrespective of price, in that venture I feel they were mostly successful. After Trek, the goal was to make the most bikes at the lowest cost possible, I also feel that they were successful in this aspect. However, the latter proved to drive the brand name into the ground and ultimately resulted in Klein going the way of the dodo - normally this doesn't happen when you make a superior product.

So, maybe it's not crap like Schwinn or Giant is crap, but it's crap compared to what it once was.

Latest posts

Back