No Konas in the MOMBAT collection?

lewisfoto

rBotM Winner
Feedback
View
I have been working on my Explosif build and thought I would wander over to MOMBAT to see if they had one for comparison. But wait there are no Explosifs there because there are no Konas. Seems like an odd omission to me then again they can't own every bike...

Rumpfy wouldn't understand being from California and all. They ride mostly smooth open fire roads with the occassional pirating of a long closed to bikes trail. Up in the Pac Northwest where the trails are Rad, Knarley and Free to Ride, Kona's were quite a bit more popular. I think in Ca. they mostly rode Murrays and such.

Certainly Kona had some cool handbuilt in the USA steeds that are worthy of collecting.

I think Kona really got more popular up here with their go for it attitude popular with the emerging big hit, freeride scene in the late 90's.

Not wanting to get on anyone's bad side. Never wanted a kona back in the day, don't want one now. Can't explain why, nothing against them, I can even pronounce the stupidly long named one (after a fish), but they've never shone out from the crowd, offered something new or innovative, or had that something that, when looking back at what I couldn't afford back then, has made me think I want one now.

Sorry all, sitting on the fence.

I do line the early spatter paint jobs though.

Ductape":2pxy617k said:
Rumpfy wouldn't understand being from California and all. They ride mostly smooth open fire roads with the occassional pirating of a long closed to bikes trail. Up in the Pac Northwest where the trails are Rad, Knarley and Free to Ride, Kona's were quite a bit more popular. I think in Ca. they mostly rode Murrays and such.
Certainly Kona had some cool handbuilt in the USA steeds that are worthy of collecting.
I think Kona really got more popular up here with their go for it attitude popular with the emerging big hit, freeride scene in the late 90's.

I didn't say they weren't worth riding or collecting, simply stating why MOMBAT probably doesn't have one.

Being the PNW guy that you are, you better not have any California built bikes in your collection! If you have multiple Ritcheys and a Yeti...but no Konas...then you're a hypocrite! :p ;)

Back