Sunn mtn bike. Any idea of its age?

Gilgamesh

Retro Newbie
Hi.
Sunn http://www.flickr.com/photos/thedevinecomedy/8639125557/in/photostream
4x images.
I have looked at the catalogue, and can't decide if it's a 1999 or earlier model.

Its new to my stable, so excuse the rust and crud!
photostream

Hummmmm - this image is not appearing but the link works

Thanks

Ta.
I did wonder, but with no top tube decals, I was a little unsure.
Real: backside-up, head-down riding position, & a cracking good training ride out on the road as it puts me exactly in the same position as my road bike (had both bikes "fitted" recently).

Gilgamesh":2n9x57mt said:
head-down riding position
Could be the forks need a service. Compare the height of yours to the brochure and you've lost an inch of travel ;)

An inch!
That's why I am having no luck with the fairer sex!

Who services such things I wonder?
Being 1999 model (the bike, not me) - is I am a Retro Bike man, or is I am not a Retro Bike man?

I've got a completely flat 97 Sunn obsys55 fork. Haven't even looked at it yet - I'll be interested to know how you get on! Never touched a sus fork so it'll be a steep learning curve.

jaypee":wcy0duoi said:
I've got a completely flat 97 Sunn obsys55 fork. Haven't even looked at it yet - I'll be interested to know how you get on! Never touched a sus fork so it'll be a steep learning curve.

Me too! Mine holds air for a while but leaks oil pretty badly. Anyone know if they take generic industrial seals of some sort? I've stripped down plenty of modern forks but I've not got a clue on where to get seals, or how much oil it would take.

Back