michelin wildgripper tyres knowledge needed

Chute55uk

Retrobike Rider
GT Fan
whats the deal with these tyres? people seem to want them quite badly and they seem to fetch decent money. are there sought after and undesirable versions? Im not after information regarding the performance (they are what they are) just why they seem so popular.
I pulled this pair of an old raleigh and stuck them on my fisher, should I have done that or should I be selling them for 14 boxes of nos xtr rear mechs?
they're just tyres to me but im guessing the pair I have are the crap versions as is always the way with me :D

Attachments

• 2013-03-29 11.09.13.jpg
    2013-03-29 11.09.13.jpg
    282.8 KB · Views: 152
As far as I know, it's the earlier green versions and butterscotch versions which are the sought-after ones... Hope this helps :)

They are probably so sought after because they were a highly visible way of showing the world you were running expensive tyres.....

The rubber is incredibly soft and they wear out very fast , which is probably why they becoming so sought after. I really probably shouldn't run the ones I do.....

They were definitely a "look at me!" tyre back when they came out, that's for sure. A bit like white Schwalbes are now :roll:

I threw a pair of the green ones out not long ago, probably about 25% worn though. I was never that impressed with them and they were a bugger for pinch punctures.

Latest posts

Back