XTR touch up paint?

Houlio99

Devout Dirtbag
Hi,

I've had a quick browse of the t-interweb and not come up with anything useful. Has anyone found a good, hard wearing paint for touching up XTR components?

Or, to throw a spanner in the works, are there various shades of XTR grey?

Many thanks,
JT

Nail Varnish?

Comes in a huge variety of shades and I know a few members have used it on King headsets and other similar items.

Thanks, will have a look at the weekend, I know the Mrs doesn't currently sport XTR grey nails.

Cheers,

I hit lucky by pure accident, used a two-pack dark grey primer for something else and realised it was near perfect match - stuck some lacquer on and Bobs your Uncle. Also tried a mate who works for Chips Away and they can get close if they know their colours.

im pretty sure the paint code for matching xtr grey is RAL 7021, i took an xtr part to my local powder coater and matched it on his colour chart, so i guess it would be the same on wet paint, try your local auto paint supplies they will have a swatch with the colour on it.

You can get RAL colours mixed at Halfords, either supplied in a spray can or a touch up pot. ;)

If you google humbrol+tamiya+RAL paint comparison you'll find a number of modellers paint comparison tables. A lot of the paint brands are acrylics but there are at three enamel brands to go at (Humbrol, Tamiya and Revell). You might be lucky...

painter09":2ztco0bc said:
im pretty sure the paint code for matching xtr grey is RAL 7021, i took an xtr part to my local powder coater and matched it on his colour chart, so i guess it would be the same on wet paint, try your local auto paint supplies they will have a swatch with the colour on it.

According to that RAL no, that equates to Panzer Grey, so fairly easy colour to find, Humbrol 67 or Tamiya XF63 or Revell No 9.

Will have to investigate....

Back