Gt bmx pedals for mountain bike

Antfox

Retro Guru
I have just got back my original gt dx type pedals from my mate and they were ditched, so I whacked them in a bucket of floor cleaner.

5 mins later not one bit of dirt , but now they are dark grey.

What's the best way to bring them back to life ? Would it be time , polish and a shed load of elbow grease ?

Cheers

Ant

They will polish up with effort, as has the ano has been stripped and you now have a thin layer of aluminium oxide or some such( not a chemist) to polish off.

A green washing up scourer will remove the vast bulk of it, then autosol will leave them lovely and shiney.

make sure they are 9/16 though or they will not fit your cranks, a lot of bmx pedals are 1/2

Neat green liquid or with some water, they are 9/16 as I originally bought them for my avalanche trials bike many moons ago.

I tried a dremel type tool last night and they started to polish up but it took bloody ages to get anywhere :(

Bit of washing up liquid if you like does help. But its the rough green side of the scourer sponge you need. Its like a scotchbrite pad. Remove the bulk of the oxide with that. Autosol will deal with the rest. No need for the dremel on this one. Both of the above is removing the surface layer of aluminum. Autosol will shine and seal the finish for a while. Don't be too precious as they are pedals.

Back