Rebuilding Judy

lewisfoto

rBotM Winner
Feedback
View
What are my options for rebuilding a Rock Shox Judy T2. It uses springs and elastomers and the elastomers are shot.

Should be same as Judy SL's from mid-late 90's?

I refurbed a set of 96 SL's recently.

Threw elastomers in the bin and bought a set of Kronos springs off Ebay from guy in states who retails them. Worked out around £22 inc delivery. Hes a really nice bloke, knows of this site and will mark package up to avoid import tax.

I went for medium rating (Im 13 stone) and are fine for me.

Also, check if your damper cartridge in right fork leg (when looking at them from front) is filled with oil. If not (ie no resistence when pulling it in and out) then drain and refill. Lots of threads on here on how to do this and refill oil in cartridge but I foung advice and thread from GT Steve on here the best along with the service manual (also avail as download in archives).

Whilst I was at it I had fork legs repainted and new decals fitted. Ditch the rubber boots too IMO as they look better without them.

Mine ended up like this:

Andy

Attachments

• Cindercone completed and Peak next! 131.JPG
    Cindercone completed and Peak next! 131.JPG
    123.4 KB · Views: 281
As far as I'm aware the Judy T2 doesn't feature any hydraulic damping; the internals are comprised of just the type 2 coil spring / elastomer stack mentioned above. As a result, fitting full length coil springs and doing away with the elastomers may result in poor ride quality as the fork would be undamped.

Back