if you can put my springs in, you can HAVE my Englund Carts!

Blindingsun

Retro Guru
Right

JUDY FSX's.

Anyone able to assist me with the removal of Englund air carts and putting the original internals back in?

also where to acquire oil?

if you can put my springs back in and get them working as per normal....you can have my englund cartridges =D

Re: Servicing Rockshox Fsx's

do you have the originals.
just take the englund out and send them to me.
then put the damping cart in one leg. the dummy rod setup in the other. there souls be a plastic end on each one at the top for springs to rest on. fit the circlips back. drop into lowers and bolt up making sure the damper cart side has the bolt with the holee.
drop your springs in the top.
fit topcaps. fit crown/steerer
fit to bike and work out your preload and damping adjustment while riding.

oil only goes in the damping cart, search for Judy cartridge rebuild for details on that.

other than that follow the Judy manual in the archive circa 1996 for details.

dunno how to take the forks apart or remove the englund carts. never had a fork apart before :(

The first step you need to take is to remove the uppers from the lowers (lower legs from the sliders). To do this you need to undo the Allen key bolts, 1 at the bottom of each leg. Before you remove them completely though, leave them slightly threaded and give them a tap with a hammer or something to free them up a bit as they often get stuck. I think there is also a reducer washer to keep an eye out for in the lower leg. You need this for the air carts, but not the standard judy ones.

Next up is getting out the air cartridges. You should be able to simply undo them from the top/crown. From memory they are plastic so go carefully. Once you have undone the bolts the air cart upgrade should slide out from within the slider. You may need to undo the bolts that hold the crown to the slider if you have that era of fork, as they often prevent the unscrewing of the top caps.

This is the end of the air cart part. Don't listen to fluffy, you need to pop them in the post to me ;)

If you don't have the original innards, I wish you luck in your search, but if you do, as fluffy has indicated, you need circlips/circlip pliers, a damper for one leg, a dummy damper of the same travel for the other, then atop these sit the springs and/or elastomers depending on which you have.

Assembly should be to fit the damper/dummy damper in the sliders from the bottom, then fit the retaining washer and then the circlip. Same action both sides.

You can now fit the springs into the sliders, fit the top caps, then put the sliders back in the lowers and do the bolts up (not too tight, you can crack the lowers). The bolts from the air carts will be too small for original judy internals so you will need to replace these too, unless you already have them.

Good luck

Free Englund carts to anyone who can come round and fit my springs :D

edit* and asfar as I'm aware the dude off here whom i bought them off. included all the original internals :D

bit blurred but you get the idea :D

Attachments

• 524710_4107759711131_583284274_n.jpg
    524710_4107759711131_583284274_n.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 334
Back