Found some bike pics of me in 1991!

wookiee

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Having a good old clearout today as I'm moving in a few weeks and found these snaps from 1991...The day I took delivery of my GT Karakoram! And (as it was the fashion back then) the obligatory 1 footed endo, and curtains hairstyle! I came from a BMX background so still used to try and "bust a few tricks" on my MTB's back then! Also found a bike of a Saracen I had around the same time, but it was nicked within a couple of months of me getting it so I can't remember the model or anything much about it! Anyway just thought I would share!

All the best

Doug

Attachments

• Saracen.jpg
    Saracen.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 338
  • Karakoram 1991 2.jpg
    Karakoram 1991 2.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 338
  • Karakoram 1991.jpg
    Karakoram 1991.jpg
    164.1 KB · Views: 338
That might be a Saracen Trekker, think it was the only one to have U Brakes??

Great photos, I'll own up to having curtains too!! :D

Rich

nice one doug. thanks for sharing, that's what it's all about for us and, still keeps us in the man cave 'til sun- down even now.

As an aside...can't be just coincidence...every time somebody puts a snap of 'back in the day' up, parched grass, blue skies and generally summery..

WHERE HAS IT GONE?? generally speaking

Rich":6sdqjfof said:
That might be a Saracen Trekker, think it was the only one to have U Brakes??

Great photos, I'll own up to having curtains too!! :D

Rich

Got in my head that it was a "special edition" or somthing like that and I think it was 500lx groupset....curtains gotta love em...christ even Ant and Dec got away with them!

marc two tone":8toanyg8 said:
nice one doug. thanks for sharing, that's what it's all about for us and, still keeps us in the man cave 'til sun- down even now.

As an aside...can't be just coincidence...every time somebody puts a snap of 'back in the day' up, parched grass, blue skies and generally summery..

WHERE HAS IT GONE?? generally speaking

I know they weather looked great and I don't think I have had a UK tan like that since back then!

Ah, yep Special Edition does sound familiar, been a great summer in NZ, *ducks behind couch* :)

Back