specialized s-works info

konacarl

Kona Fan
Feedback
View
I've just bought a 1994 S-works frame on the bay. I've looked around but can't find too much info about the frame. Its 18 inch as far as I know. Can anyone tell me whether its 1 inch or 1 1/8 headtube and also the seatpost size.
Its fairly scratched in places but I didn't really want to lose the stickers as they are pretty good so was looking to try and get a colour match if possible to do a lot of touching up. Its looks like the paint is original and is a metallic red (almost maroon). Any Ideas on the colour match?
Pretty sure someone on here with the odd specialized or two will have the answers :D .

Could do with seeing it first, Are the decals yellow? Never had this model but I think is 1" headset/fork/stem, front mech and seat post clamp size 34.9. Get some pictures up, the rear dropout should have 94 s stamped on.

Worth asking stumpjumper1990 on here, he has a LOT of specialized bikes, I suspect he knows his onions with them to boot. I am sure he will be along shortly...

It was Bart I was hoping would pop up ;)
The headset that was in the frame looks like a reducer which got me asking the question. The seatpost tube looked pretty small too. I must confess that I'd only had a quick look at it before chucking it in the garage.
The frem number from memory was 94s 001393.

Attachments

• $T2eC16d,!yUE9s6NFmyCBRTth+Y03g~~60_35.jpg
    $T2eC16d,!yUE9s6NFmyCBRTth+Y03g~~60_35.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 470
Yeah, I have had dealings with Bart before, top chap. Shipped a few frames out to him.

I am by far and away even remotely expert on most things bike related, but that to me looks a touch later than 94...? Similar style to the stumpys I drooled over in my yoof, that was around '96? Decals are similar to an old RockHopper FS and that was a bit later still. Happy to be proved very wrong though!

Hi Carl,

Kids are in bed and Beverly Hills Cop just started on TV, so I'm in the retro mood! :LOL:

Just for your info: my 1994 S-Works M2 has a 1" headtube and needs a 27,2 seatpost. Can you post some more pics of the frame?

Cheers,
Bart

Back