I've entered the world of retro building with a '95 Team Ti and need some guidance.
I've been able to secure a number of original spec or age appropriate parts, including what I think are Manitou 2 forks. Please see links below as I'd like an opinion on whether they are indeed Manitou 2's?http://flickr.com/gp/gezgrundy/3N360whttp://flickr.com/gp/gezgrundy/0G3030
I have a few questions:
1) Are they indeed Manitou 2's, if not what?
2) They have a 1 1/4 steerer, I can easily swap the crown/steerer assembly for 1 1/8 but how easy is it to get hold of a 1 1/8 crown/steerer assembly?
3) They need renovation, again straight forward and the parts are accessible but is it worth it given that I also need a new steerer etc. Should I just buy an appropriate alternative and if so what?
4) I also really want the original spec White Industries crankset, how easy is it to come by these? Am I looking for hen's teeth?
5) Same question for the Bontrager/Titec seat post, can I get hold of one as I've never seen one?
Hope someone will be able to help.