I guess he changed his mind about selling them

I don't follow, so the guy with the 0 feedback was him and he was making sure he won so he could keep them?

there mine the two idiots who are doing the bidding have been reported to ebay and the wheels offered to the gent who bid £25

the reason this happened is I opened a case against a seller of a bike I brought as it was not as described and packed in a box with one bit of tape holding it together.

so I tried to get a postage refund. and I was just going to sell it.

the winning bid postage address is a fake one in london but the eBay message in my email gives the actual address of the buyer and it is the same as the seller of the bike in Bristol he also brought a bin set of forks I had for sale must be an April fool prank

This sort of thing and also shill bidding is rampant in the amateur radio world, where lots of kit and vintage components is traded on the bay. Many big ham websites keep an eye out and the worst offenders names are well known and avoided.

As for myself, I can't see the point in bidding early on and needlessly jacking up the price so I only ever snipe with less than 5 seconds to go.

Chopper1192":3ug8pgsh said:
I only ever snipe with less than 5 seconds to go.

Agreed. Check out seller history, bid once at the last minute what you're willing to pay, avoid getting sucked into 'auction fever', if you're outbid, walk away. Ebay is a brilliant resource, just need to avoid the t0$$ers who inevitably exist (avoid anyone who can't spell, won't accept paypal, shakey history etc). Unfortunately gullible and naive people always stand to get fleeced whether they use ebay or not...

Back