KLEIN ATTITUDE

nickmorgandesign

Retro Newbie
Hi everyone, be gentle, I am a newbie to this forum.
I have a Klein bike that was handed down to me from my fathers garage (it is a real life tardis).

After quite a lot of research I still cant work out what year it is. Think it has a few after market components added which I suspect is quite common place. I would love to know some information on this bike as it could do with going to a good home eventually so that someone can take care of it.

From research I think it is a Klein Attitude 2000 in blue Size M. Number on bottom is KB11246 I think, it is quite dirty.

Shimano bits and pieces, Onyx series peddles, Rock Shox Judy XC forks, SDG USA saddle (scuffed on corner)

SE-1 AHEADSET ??

I know nothing about bikes so all of the above information has been taken directly from the bike as I look at it.

Any information would be great to have. I would be looking to sell if it meant it going to a good home.

Thanks for looking everyone, picture below.......More can be uploaded upon request, I have lots.

9a6684.jpg

I have had one of these, your right with the year 2000, not so much a desirable Klein being made well after the Trek takeover, and this being the most basic Attitude you could buy that year.

It looks pretty clean actually. Main thing is whether or not it is dented. Take plenty good pics and throw it up on the for sale section with a price you want. These later examples don't fetch the big money, but if you have no use for it it would be nice for someone to have the chance.

As mentioned, the money in kleins is before trek involvement..doesn't make trekleins bad bikes at all...just not the ones where collectors spend their money

if your after a valuation then in the 98 and onwards section there is a "how much is my xyz worth" thread that might help you on the value

bear in mind though that these vary greatly based on condition and running gear fitted so as many pics as you can show like drive train, handlerbars with levers etc should help..here is the linky

viewtopic.php?f=41&t=140396&start=285

If it's a nice example then I'm sure you'll have no problem finding another home for it on these forums, regardless of the fact that it isn't a pre-trek one :cool:

post-trek are better.......you can actually ride them and enjoy them without worrying about dropping them!!! ;)

There are no post Trek, only pre and Trek. ;)

The Trek Kleins are still superb bikes, and as mentioned you are not riding around on something so valuable you might be upset about damaging or having stolen.

My cheap Pulse gives me the stiffness I need and the rat like chuck it in the van with the lawn mower vibe.

'Mon the Trek Kleins!

Back