Orange patriot

blueboy

Dirt Disciple
Hello folks looking for a bit of wisdom from you more experienced mountain bikers.I,ve recently returned to cycling after a number of years in the wilderness , nothing special just for fitness, a bit on and off road.Having acquired a decent spec road bike I have recently bought an orange patriot from a friend at work and having ridden it a number of times have realised that a)this is much too much of bike for me and b) I much prefer a more simple hard tail setup.I,m told the patriot is of a decent spec , hope brakes , full fox suspension ,deore group set etc and this is where my problem starts.Should I advertise the bike as a whole , sell it off as separate parts or transfer as many parts to a new frame or advertise for a swap.The bike is in full working order and it seems a shame to break it up.If i do decide to sell it i would need to find out year and i,m led to believe orange don,t keep details of individual bikes after a certain age.Anybody with any suggestions ?

It looks like an 02 / 03 model, I think the first bit of the serial number relates to the year & month it was made.

Price wise you'll get more if you split it which is a shame as it looks like a nice bike.

Your in the wrong section chap and I would have thought one of the vultures would have told you :LOL:

if your unsure of what it's worth go into the 98 onwards section and there is a thread what is my xyz worth..here is the linky viewtopic.php?f=41&t=140396&start=285

once you have a price or a price you want for it then advertise in the 98 section for sale section..it must have a price displayed or the will pull the add

good luck

Sorry mate not looking for a value at the moment just looking at all my options.I,m probably favouring getting a frame if it,s feasible and building it up from the parts that may fit.As I say it,s in pretty good nick ,new chain set , recent rear shock etc and had a recent service so i,m in no rush to do anything.
Cheers

unfourtunately what you have there is the rare 'exploding patriot'. Its completely unsellable and actually requires someone with a special licence to dispose of it (which I have). so if you carefully wrap it up and send it to me I will ensure it umm.... never gets ridden, honest.

Back