Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:55 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:07 am 
Gold Trader | rBoTM Winner

If anyone here needs a shipping service to the UK or other parts of Europe let me know. Here at The Pro's Closet we ship everything world wide and have the means to get you those bikes that most US sellers won't ship internationally. We have competitive rates with Fed Ex and can simply pass the bike along to you if your seller is ok with shipping it to us.

Maybe this helps you guys out, maybe not... let me know your thoughts.

We are here for you!

Best of Rides,

Nick

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:17 am 
BoTM | Gold | PoTM
BoTM | Gold | PoTM

Hi Nick,

Might be worthwhile sending a PM to John on here. He could add you to the bike collection & assistance thread. I know there are a lot of bikes that come up for sale in the US that members over here would love to have a crack at but shipping is often the problem. viewtopic.php?t=82030

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm 
retrobike rider / Gold Trader

Hi Nick,

Its great that you can offer this service but may i ask how you would mark the customs form as you wouldn't be selling the item yourself?

I have bought from you guys through Ebay, before i bid/won i asked about the customs form situation and was told you guys would happily help me out, sadly you didn't and i recieved a nice letter from Fedex after the bike had arrived with a £550 bill :twisted:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:18 pm 
BoTM | Gold | PoTM
BoTM | Gold | PoTM

thesneaker wrote:
Hi Nick,

Its great that you can offer this service but may i ask how you would mark the customs form as you wouldn't be selling the item yourself?

I have bought from you guys through Ebay, before i bid/won i asked about the customs form situation and was told you guys would happily help me out, sadly you didn't and i recieved a nice letter from Fedex after the bike had arrived with a £550 bill :twisted:

£550 :shock:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:47 pm 

thesneaker wrote:
Hi Nick,

Raidan73 - that all depends on multiple situations. 1. the value of the shipment 2. the country we are shipping to 3. whether paypal is verified the address etc.

If the value of the item is under $250 it is no problem for us to mark it as a gift to avoid issues with customs. If we have done business with a customer in the past we do build relationships with importers and know that they will assume the risk if we don't insure and mark the value at $22.

We would ship it out with tracking and a low value in these cases as long as you guys would assume the risk. I would be a service that we could provide and we have all the professional packing supplies to get a bike safely in your hands worldwide.

It was just a thought... let me know if you have any ideas.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:52 pm 

We can also insure it for the entire value but that is when you will have to pay customs... there is no way around it unless you have hired a broker.

No insurance = no customs (90% of the time) = risky but works

Insurance = Customs = safe

It would be up to the individual.

Cheers,
Nick

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:41 pm 
BoTY Winner
BoTY Winner

That's fantastic, Nick. Great service to the forums and international customers.

Will you be responsible for payment for lost/damaged items?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:47 pm 

Just to add to this as it may help those thinking of buying outside Europe, it has been explained to me in the last two weeks by two employees of the Post Office and Parcel Force that now all imports are processed through Customs, compared to about 10% a year ago. It is a very easy way to raise extra revenue. In addition to the VAT on any item over £15 and Import Duty on an item over £125 the handling company will also charge a fee for their involvement. If the item is a Gift it doesn't get included as long as the value is less than £36. The charges are also calculated on the value of the item PLUS the shipping cost.

All this can make a good deal become not so, as I have found out recently.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:55 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider

Vinevo wrote:
Just to add to this as it may help those thinking of buying outside Europe, it has been explained to me in the last two weeks by two employees of the Post Office and Parcel Force that now all imports are processed through Customs, compared to about 10% a year ago. It is a very easy way to raise extra revenue. In addition to the VAT on any item over £15 and Import Duty on an item over £125 the handling company will also charge a fee for their involvement. If the item is a Gift it doesn't get included as long as the value is less than £36. The charges are also calculated on the value of the item PLUS the shipping cost.

All this can make a good deal become not so, as I have found out recently.

This is true, but not the full shipping cost. However, the calculation is long winded, and I'm not going into it, so base on the shipping cost. Any duty under £9 will also not be charged.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:00 pm 
BoTM Winner / retrobike rider
BoTM Winner / retrobike rider

Vinevo wrote:
Just to add to this as it may help those thinking of buying outside Europe, it has been explained to me in the last two weeks by two employees of the Post Office and Parcel Force that now all imports are processed through Customs, compared to about 10% a year ago.

I can verify this. There is also a delay on items being shipped from the Far East.