7 speed cassettes - any lightweight top end ones ever ?

ibbz

Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Karma King
Dyna-Tech Fan
Feedback
View
I'm after a 7 speed cassette for my Dynatech.
I was wondering whether there were superior ones like the M950 8 speed Ti one?

Or any decent lightweight modern ones I could choose?

I am not 100% about this but am sure there was a lot of goldtec stuff for sale on the forum the other day and there was a 7speed cassette there,think it was a 8 speed but as all rings are separate then just take one out.
Same I guess for the other ones,
Action tech,srp and tioga (I have broke a tooth on my tioga one so I guess that's now 7 speed!)

There was someone here recently who had a weight weenie cassette milled out of 1 piece of alu - think that was a 7 speed will post again when I remember the member.

I bought a aluminium 9 speed road cassette from someone on here. Eventually I will make up some larger spacers to make it 8 speed. I also managed to get some titanium (possibly) XTR large cogs on a spider which I was thinking of using with it.

Thanks guys is goldtec any good?
I've bought a 7 speed STX freehub body from CrC to replace the old one with and thought I'd replace the, weighty, cassette too.

Goldtec is a lesser known but hugely respected British component maker who did a lot of titanium work. Their retro bits go for serious cash. They are still in business today. they tend to focus on wheels and drive chain.

secret_squirrel":1g8yvdrk said:
Goldtec is a lesser known but hugely respected British component maker who did a lot of titanium work. Their retro bits go for serious cash. They are still in business today. they tend to focus on wheels and drive chain.

Thanks man, so they did Shimano HG compatible 7 speed cassette's?

And any more boutique cassette's I can look at? (Shimano compatible)

cheers

shogun":21b0fsq0 said:
What weight range are you looking for?

lower than the 250g mark

my current one is a 7 speed on my Dynatech

Back