Morati ti crank

uno-speedo

BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
I thought I'd seen it all in reference to the Cooks stem the other week.

Edit: Try this link

Considering the last pair went for half of that price!

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
All getting a bit silly really isn't. 2 grand for cranks, 1 for a stem, neither of them so truely exceptional that they deserve that amount of money spent on them.
I always found the real joy of retrobiking was hunting around old shops or trawling through classifieds etc in the hope that I would find an elusive bargain. This fat wallet d1ck waving just makes it a bit like shooting fish in a barrel (all too easy with none of that smug satisfaction that you've finally got that last bit after a long hunt).
I know we can take about the artistry of bike parts and how art can command prices beyond the raw materials worth, but come on, they're only bl00dy bike parts and neither are really that exceptional (that stem probably took 5 minutes on a cnc lathe, the bike part equivelent of Tracy Emin's unmade bed)

Rant calming now

Two years ago at the swap meet here in San Diego a guy was selling a Morati ti bike with cranks. He wanted $700 for the whole bike! I knew it was a bargain at the time but was about $300 short :evil:

pretty hilarious given they stopped production of these as they kept cracking :LOL:

anyone else remeber the mrazek MBA test covered in moratti ti parts? :)

personally I thought the last ones with the cnc'ed spider looked nicer than those ones. And the magic motorcycle ones were positively undervalued compared to those...

so come on trend spotters, what's the next part that's going to make a mint despite being distictly ordinary? I've a set of original cork covered grip shift in a cupboard somewhere, $1000 anyone?

Well.. list of stuff that Ive seen go for a lot of wonga...

white porcs...

cook bros stems...

Kona Hei hei's...

Early Kleins and forks..

ti morati cranks...

Fat forks...

I sold some Proshift shifters for $350 , to a guy in the uk . so it is not only american who are nuts .

pete_mcc":1xve9sv0 said:
personally I thought the last ones with the cnc'ed spider looked nicer than those ones.

I haven't seen them in real life but for having those with the welded spider arms I can tell you it is an absolute work of art and prefer them to the CNC spider one. I'll find some close-up pics I did of them.

Uno-speedo, I think it's from you I bought my left arm 170mm from. Crank arm I mean. Still using it on the ss. I got given another one in 175mm, tried finding a right-side on ebay for a while but couldn't, so I put mine for sale, it went for "only" £37. Wasn't new like those that just sold, but in almost new condition.

Back