Quick Kona Hardtail Question

humanoid1989

Kona Fan
Did Kona ever make a Titanium Hei Hei hardtail with disc brake mounts?
Which of the Joe Murray hardtail designs have disc mounts- i want a steel hardtail with discs. And the Joe Murray's always ticked all the boxes for me, my current 1992 Cinder Cone is perfection. Always was.
But i want discs.

Thanks for looking ;)

it seems that 94' kona are the last year designed by JM, anthony could confirm...disk tab only appear from 98 or 99 I think...
king kahuna may have disk from 99...

it seems that 94' kona are the last year designed by JM

I thought so :facepalm:

Basically i like the feel of a steel :D and i'd love to try a titanium (live the dream and all that) with the useability and late braking fun (i can't resist) that discs will give. I recently looked at an On One 456 Inbred- geometry wise it looked spot on and like my Cinder Cone. And it's steel and most importantly i can afford it.
Any recommendations?

So to answer the question none of the Joe Murray ones did.
Joe Murray is now in with Voodoo anyway.

I'm just having a modern disc mount fitted to a steel frame to replace the old Hope mount. The problem I have run into is with the forks, as the frame builder I am using has not tested any of the old forks with modern discs and is unwilling to do the conversion.

My solution has been to buy a pair of Exotic carbon forks, but I have seen pictures from the 90's with disc mounts installed on P2 forks, you just have to find a frame builder willing to do it.

If you want to run rigid forks then you can get modern P2's with disc mounts but the a-c will not suit the geo of an earlier frame I guess.

the 1994 Kona geometry stayed around until the end of steel konas. They were still using it on the alloy kona in the mid 2000s

Back