Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:27 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:18 am 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:19 pm
Posts: 3093
Location: Runcorn, cheshire.
the last time i went into my local halfords, the person who was in charge of the bike dept.
had those stupid jeans where all his underwear was on show.
not very professional at all.
just turned around and walked out. after complaining to the manager.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:14 pm 
Special Retro Guru
Special Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:34 am
Posts: 5663
Location: Don't mess with monkeys, man
videojetman wrote:
the last time i went into my local halfords, the person who was in charge of the bike dept.
had those stupid jeans where all his underwear was on show.
not very professional at all.
just turned around and walked out. after complaining to the manager.

Accepted that that sort of attire is retarded, but all the same, was the gist of your complaint merely about how he was dressed, or were there other material (see what I did there? Bad form, ain't it, me mentioning it though...) issues?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:59 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:19 pm
Posts: 3093
Location: Runcorn, cheshire.
Neil wrote:
videojetman wrote:
the last time i went into my local halfords, the person who was in charge of the bike dept.
had those stupid jeans where all his underwear was on show.
not very professional at all.
just turned around and walked out. after complaining to the manager.

Accepted that that sort of attire is retarded, but all the same, was the gist of your complaint merely about how he was dressed, or were there other material (see what I did there? Bad form, ain't it, me mentioning it though...) issues?


purely down to the fact i don't want or expect to see a persons underwear while expecting a "professional" service.
i don't think anyone should.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:02 pm 
Special Retro Guru
Special Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:34 am
Posts: 5663
Location: Don't mess with monkeys, man
videojetman wrote:
Neil wrote:
videojetman wrote:
the last time i went into my local halfords, the person who was in charge of the bike dept.
had those stupid jeans where all his underwear was on show.
not very professional at all.
just turned around and walked out. after complaining to the manager.

Accepted that that sort of attire is retarded, but all the same, was the gist of your complaint merely about how he was dressed, or were there other material (see what I did there? Bad form, ain't it, me mentioning it though...) issues?


purely down to the fact i don't want or expect to see a persons underwear while expecting a "professional" service.
i don't think anyone should.

He didn't say "What Would Jesus Do?", did he?

I hate it when that happens...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:15 pm 
Retro Guru

Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:44 pm
Posts: 1934
Location: wirral
There are professional services available where you pay to see there underware.(so I have been told)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:24 pm 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:30 pm
Posts: 12420
Location: Surrey
I'm staggered that anyone at all, let alone those who should know better (retrobike site members for instance), take bikes into halfords at all for work that requires a certain level of skill, competence, knowledge and that often forgotten thing that sets shops apart, customer service.

Learn to do things yourself and/or support your local bike shop. If you don't, one day, the only option will be to go to supermarket bike shops like halfords if we don't.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:34 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:19 pm
Posts: 3093
Location: Runcorn, cheshire.
[/quote]
He didn't say "What Would Jesus Do?", did he?

I hate it when that happens...[/quote]

i did'nt know jesus worked at halfords. :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:40 pm 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:30 pm
Posts: 12420
Location: Surrey
I didn't know many people asked 'what would jesus do'?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:43 pm 
Special Retro Guru
Special Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:34 am
Posts: 5663
Location: Don't mess with monkeys, man
ishaw wrote:
I didn't know many people asked 'what would jesus do'?

Blame it on my subtlety. It's a curse, you know...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:07 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:19 pm
Posts: 3093
Location: Runcorn, cheshire.
Neil wrote:
ishaw wrote:
I didn't know many people asked 'what would jesus do'?

Blame it on my subtlety. It's a curse, you know...


i think it's nice how you bring christanity into this thread.
it must be easter. :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: kaya, longun, nbcord, old_coyote_pedaller, themountie and 54 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

About Us

Follow Retrobike

Other cool stuff

All content © 2005-2015 Retrobike unless otherwise stated.
Cookies Policy.
bikedeals - the best bike deals in one place
FatCOGS - Fat Chance Owner's Group

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group