1990 Gary Fisher CR-7 Evoution

Narhay

Devout Dirtbag
I have this frame, forks, seat post, stem, handlebars and bottom bracket sitting in my living room. It is scratched up and some surface rust has set into some of the scratches. The scratches are all cosmetic in nature...the bike is mechanically sound. Wondering if I should have it repainted or if it isn't worth it...it doesn't fit me and I do not have plans to rebuild...I bought it for the parts. I can get a simple black powder with strip for $70...no decals though.

Is there a market for these things or am I just tossing money away?

One of the nicest riding frames out there. It was one of the early 'composite' frames, by which I mean a combination of materials rather than plastic/carbon. It used an alloy front end bolted on to a steel rear end.
Well worth sorting out but bear in mind that you should strip down properly - unbolt the front triangle from the rear stays and have them resprayed seperately. Also look to use new bolts to reattach the two halves as the original bolts had a habit of failing (also check for frame cracks at the same time.
Other than that you will have to remember that it uses Fisher Evolution headset, stem and forks which are 1.25" rather than the normal 1" or 1.125". This can make finding parts hard so don't throw anything out!

There are a few great examples of redone CR7s on here, just do a search and use them as inspiration.

EDIT, just reread your post properly and realised that you are not looking to rebuild - they are nice frames but not worth a fortune, you're not going to retire on the proceeds but someone on here will give you $100 I am sure. I say don't respray, just pass it on to a loving home

Back