Can anyone identify my bike?

jazon6

Retro Newbie
Hi all,
I have just bought this bike and I know its a GT with an aluminium frame but I am not sure what model it is, can anyone help?

20130323_211317.jpg

Would look better without the cheap mudguard
If you must a Crud race guard with the alloy arms is the only thing that suits.

Decals look 98, not many blue bikes that year.
It's alloy so if you are REALLY lucky it's a Zaskar in Acid Blue (ano) with rubbish components attached).
Or depending on the colour (difficulat to tell from the photo) it could be an Arrowhead in Atomic Grape (dark purply blue).

Can you give us another photo of the end cap (GT logo behind seattube). If it's flat I reckon you've got yourself a Zaskar
also check the rear dropout for 6061 stamped somewhere.

Update on 2nd look I'm not convince end cap is curved, look at the 98 catalogue

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/gallery2/v/Manufacturer+Archive/GT/Catalogues/1998.pdf.html

The RST forks and probably rest of compents fit with the Arrowhead, which was the bargain basement alloy frame.
It's the same great frame in the highter spec bikes just they put the cheapest components on it. Having said that
low end GT compenents will be way better than your average BSO.

GT badge on downtube is came on Arrowhead and Zaskar.

Hi,
The plate with GT on it is curved and it is more "grape" than blue so Arrowhead it is.

I bought it for a bit of casual off road use when Im out riding with my kids.(I live in the middle of the forest of dean)
Im new to mountain bikes so rather than pay £150 for a heavy framed new bike from say Argos/Halfords or something similar I thought a cheap second hand one off ebay would do.
The chap I got it from was a mountain bike enthusiast ,he had 6 bikes all immaculate kept in a heated room and this bike is mint, not a scratch on it and it has been well loved.

I am well happy with the bike and still shocked how light it is compared to my kids bikes which are half the size.

Back