Handlebar width for retro

Paul Eggleton

Retro Guru
QQ

I'm currently running 780mm on my Zesty and the c.550mm I've got on my retro bikes feels just wrong now. What was the widest bars went BITD??

I could obviously get some wider ones, but would be interested to hear how others get on switching between modern and retro - if you do!!

780's?! As Guy Martin said do you not look like a gnat on a flys ball sack ricing the zesty? I do riding my HD140, Jams (theredchili) riders bars longer than he is tall ha ha LOL

Jeez, back in the day the narrower the better. T'was a common passtime to trim ones tiller down to allow the speed freaks to nip through gaps between trees, traffic and bollards etc. OK, it felt like you were steering with a pair of mole grips, but that's how we rolled.

Most bars I bought BITD were around 580 but myself and all my mates used to fit them up with everything you needed pushed right up to the bulge , then trimmed off the excess. Most of mine ended up around 540-550 as I ran thumbies, but mates went narrower with their STI's

Ha!......I've a trimmed pair of bars on a mahoosive stem on my fisher, my brake levers almost touch!....it feels almost dangerous, but I look good, and that's the main thing!.....

780mm :shock: :shock: i could tape on a set of stepladders i have and they'd still be shorter than that.
Were you in an accident at birth and its left you with unfeasibly wide shoulders :shock:

Back