Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Marzocchi Z1

Votes: 17 89.5%

• Total voters

SEANSTEPHENS

GT Fan
Feedback
View
im thinking of changing the pace rc36 forks i have on my santa cruz, but im unsure. im thinking the z1's are a bit more heavy duty and 100mm would suit the heckler better. what do y'all think? :D

the marz is just a picture i found on google and doesnt represent the condition of the forks im looking at.

heres a link to the thread from the beginning. http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=169338

cheers

p4pb9309583_zps6dbe8fe1.jpg

Attachments

• p4pb7264355.jpg
    p4pb7264355.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 357
  • 5554895613_6017e27ba2.jpg
    5554895613_6017e27ba2.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 357
you should buy my Z3's off of me!
they're polished, TF Tuned too - go nice with that frame!
;)

cce":hkc1qxkl said:
Z1 on heckler was a classic combo the first time around
Yup and the Paces are a bit nancy boy TBH.
Those Marzocchis will keep working perfectly with a service every five years or so. The Paces need one after every ride.
Precious...

Still using my rc36's (with 100mm upgrade) on my STS. Used to race DH on them back in the day. Nothing weak about them.
That said, Z1's would suit that frame better. Use it as an excuse to find a nice wee hard tail to put the paces on.

Im a huge fan of the Z1 having had a set for 14 years on my Kona,had them serviced only twice since new and they are still tight as a drum,the Pace is a good fork but not in the same league as the Z1.

Well looking at the two, the z1 just look like they were built to last and are cable of withstanding a lot of abuse. The pace I'm guessing are designed to be just a light weight xc fork. I've had them two years and given them a good run, but they're just not tough enough for my use.

Thanks for your opinions, think its time for a new fork

Sean :)

the coil shock suggests a more abuse orientated build so i would say the Z1's would be better suited

Back