Removing cable from M740 shifter pods

ibbz

Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Karma King
Dyna-Tech Fan
Feedback
View
How do I remove the cables from XT M740 shifter pods?

I've slackened the cable and tried pushing them out as I've done on other shifters but there doesn't seem to be an opening on the other side and the bar ended part of cable isnt to be seen and they don't come out.

Any advice?

is there a little plastic grub screw which will take a "X" head screwdriver? not 100% sure on the 740's but most shifters you remove this and then push the cable out.

jimo746":2fvnhpxd said:
is there a little plastic grub screw which will take a "X" head screwdriver? not 100% sure on the 740's but most shifters you remove this and then push the cable out.

Let me check

Two tiny Phillips screws under the shifter, the two nearest the bars not the other two larger screws, remove these, remove the plastic part they are holding on and it all becomes clear.....

dicoverybmw":2zlz59p7 said:
Two tiny Phillips screws under the shifter, the two nearest the bars not the other two larger screws, remove these, remove the plastic part they are holding on and it all becomes clear.....

WHAT HE SAYS BUT GO EASY ON THEM SCREWS THEY ARE MADE OF BUTTER , OOPS soz caps and you wont find others to fit too easy

Charlieboy28":yye11cum said:
dicoverybmw":yye11cum said:

WHAT HE SAYS BUT GO EASY ON THEM SCREWS THEY ARE MADE OF BUTTER , OOPS soz caps and you wont find others to fit too easy

What Charlieboy said. I rounded one out good and proper! Had to file a new groove, with difficulty

Back