1991 marin seat tube diameter...

wookiee

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Anyone know off the top of their heads know what band diameter a 1991 Marin Palisades front mech would be? (awaiting arrival of a frame and trying to source some bits to fit.)

Much appreciated!

Doug

My 1989 is 28.6mm. You should be able to tell by looking at it. If its steel then it will more than likely be 28.6mm. Alu frames will be 31.8mm and only later frames will be 34.9mm as the craze for stiffness took hold.

bm0p700f":2olojmoh said:
My 1989 is 28.6mm. You should be able to tell by looking at it. If its steel then it will more than likely be 28.6mm. Alu frames will be 31.8mm and only later frames will be 34.9mm as the craze for stiffness took hold.

Thanks I would look at it but not yet with me...its steel and a 1991 palisades...

Mines a Pine Mountain which has a 27.0mm seat post. With a 30.3mm seat post I'd say it probably needs a 31.8mm front mech.

Do you have a set of calipers, or vernier calipers with which you could measure it? Alternatively use a tailor's tape measure to measure the circumference and divide it by 3.14159 to get the diameter.

xerxes":3bu6nsm6 said:
Mines a Pine Mountain which has a 27.0mm seat post. With a 30.3mm seat post I'd say it probably needs a 31.8mm front mech.

Do you have a set of calipers, or vernier calipers with which you could measure it? Alternatively use a tailor's tape measure to measure the circumference and divide it by 3.14159 to get the diameter.

Sorry its not for the Team but a Palisades so I'm guessing its the same as the PM...I don't have the frame yet just trying to amass the parts!

Back