Even though I promised myself... (Kona Content) Updated

lewisfoto

rBotM Winner
Feedback
View
Even though I promised myself I wouldn't bid on another police surplus auction I got this Kona Explosif frame and 3 junk bikes for $58 usd online.

I think it is about a '97 based on the decals. Maybe some of you can help.

God I hope it isn't a wreck See auction photo:

Attachments

• Kona Explosif.jpg
    Kona Explosif.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 755
Re: Even though I promised myself I wouldn't... (Kona Conten

That is a 1995 model, I know because I have one I and just finished rebuilding after joining Retrobike. Excellent frame

Looks as though it might be a size 17 - good for height around 5-9. Condition looks ok. Usually if the owner has taken the trouble to tape the chainstay, they're the kind that takes some kind of care of their bike.

My concern over the frame's condition is not how the original owner cared for it but the dastardly things that may have happened to it since it was stolen and ended up in the hands of the police. Years ago i bought these police surplus bulk lots on a semi weekly basis but had to quit because the bikes were always in such a poor state. I can't collect it until next week so I will just have to wait.

And here is why I will never, ever, ever buy another police auction.

Any Ideas on how to rectify the situation. The post is out, now I am considering cutting off the damaged part.

Boy do I love Meth addicts

Attachments

• Kona damage.jpg
    Kona damage.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 581

Before cutting I would try some heat and a lot of patience and try to straighten it out. You could use the post as a former to get the shape right. Hey if it doesn't work, chop it off.

Thanks for the input I will try to bend it back, The Meth heads also tried to cut it off so there is hack saw damage as well but Im guessing that wil be ok

Back