Is this really ritchey frame?

marcinski

Dirt Disciple
Hi,
I found this frame advertised locally and not sure if it's real ritchey frame or not. First, it appears tig welded and there is no model name. The dropouts are ritchey but they were used by many builders. Here are some pictures, lifted from the ad:

frame%20pic.jpeg

ht.jpeg

do.jpeg

The sellers says the ST is 46cm C-T, top tube 56 C-C (actual), and the head tube 12 cm. What do you think?

Thanks,
Marcin

The seller got back to me saying that there is a serial number stamped at the back of the seat tube: D237827 N.

Does it ring any bells?

Thanks,
Marcin

Dropouts rarely lie. Also - what's that decal under the paint on the seat tube? Don't recognise the serial #, but someone might.

Does it feel like Ritchey? That's usually a pretty good indicator.

yo-eddy":2onfw825 said:
doctor-bond":2onfw825 said:
Dropouts rarely lie.

about what? Many brands used Ritchey drop-outs and tube-sets

My 2 cents, NOT a Ritchey

Indeed... my Kona has the same socket Ritchey dropouts.... must be a Ritchey :roll:

G

Well, to be fair the seller never claimed it's a real ritchey. He tried to find what it is but to no avail. It is however quality lightweight frame. I am considering buying it whatever it is. My concern is the sizing now. Not sure it will be big enough as I am 6 ft.

Thanks for the responses,
Marcin

unkleGsif":60o5x8pj said:
Indeed... my Kona has the same socket Ritchey dropouts.... must be a Ritchey :roll:

G

Can you prove it's a Kona? I'm not saying it's not, hell it might just be; but identifying old frames is a tricky business and is probably best left to experts.

Back