Crappiest Packaging ever????

JSO

Retro Guru
Just won an Auction on a pretty cool Frame and had to pay $69 for shipping (Domestically).

I knew that was a bit rich and the Seller was going to probably profit an additional $25-$30 on me, but what could I do.

Anyway.....the frame arrived the other day and when the Postman pulled this from the back of the van I was really taken aback. :shock:

443A2868-290E-461D-BC65-9BE270CFD8DE-6224-000012A949865AE1_zpsbd293479.jpg

Needless to say I am going to scour this with a fine tooth comb for cracks.

Bad but sadly people have shown examples of worse. At least it looks to still have some protection....

I can join this club :D

Attachments

• santacruz_tazmon_001_large_149 (Medium).jpg
    santacruz_tazmon_001_large_149 (Medium).jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 810
I got sent a GT RTS frame from eBay wrapped in a single bin liner with the chain wheel still attached! Naturally this had ripped through the packaging :roll:

Amazingly it was all unharmed :)

I remember some of the pics GT-Steve sent of my Scott when it arrived at his place.

The seller had taken a bike box and just tossed the frame and wheels in there with no protection whatsoever.
Unfortunately I deleted that PM and don't have the pics anymore. Steve, if you have them, feel free to share them.

I received a bike once, which was packaged very much like the one in chiswickcollectables' picture above.

Luckily, the seller had taken the time and effort to stick 2 duc-tape "Handles" to it, with the words "Carry Here" written on them in permanent marker :roll:

The bike was actually the "Custard" Zaskar which GT-Steve later bought from me.

Back