Best tyre lever?

mattbrown

Retrobike Rider
Kona Fan
GT Fan
Feedback
View
What are the best tyre levers out there, I broke about 4 lever this afternoon - plastic ones, and some were very cheapy free ones

I have some can't remember the make (I'll have a look in the morning) They are 2 levers 1 smaller yellow one and a black one that the yellow one clips into... My LBS said if you can break these we will give you your money back...that was 5 years ago and many steel bead tyres later they are still going strong! From memory think they were something like £8 or £9 and worth every penny!

Wook

2 of these

screwdriver1.png

And no, I've never punctured an inner tube that way. The key is to ensert it just enough and to keep enough air in the tube to stop it from going inward. As long as the tube pushes itself against the top of the tyre, you need to be an absolute baboon to puncture it.

Soup spoons.

I use the blue plastic Park tyre levers. Good shape and the nice wee hooks to attach them to the spokes.

The three quid Raleigh ones from your local bike ,law mower ,pound shop
Steel and 3 for 3 quid
Pedros and the magazine giveaways are okay for most stuff but for re-issue. Porcks on campags
You need a mans steel lever

mikee":3h6czdbg said:
The three quid Raleigh ones from your local bike ,law mower ,pound shop
Steel and 3 for 3 quid
Pedros and the magazine giveaways are okay for most stuff but for re-issue. Porcks on campags
You need a mans steel lever

Does the steel not damage the rim...If putting your all into it?

And of course if you have an emergency on a Salsa equipped bike Salsa fliplock seatpost clamps and QR levers can be used.

Latest posts

Back