Carbon GT LTS

Ralph_the_Rohan

Retro Guru
I don’t really know a lot of MTB stuff, being more Road orientated, so hopefully someone will be able to advise on my latest acquisition?

I recently dug this frame and forks out of a skip near my house. I checked with the owner of the house, who had recently moved in and found the frame and forks in the loft. He was more than happy for me to take them.

The frame appears to be a GT LTS with Carbon Fibre tubes bonded/glued into alloy lugs. The rear swinging arm arrangement appears to be all alloy. There’s no headset fitted, but it has a Bottom Bracket (no idea of make) fitted as well as a Rock Shox shock and Shimano LX front mech.

The Forks are also Rock Show Judy DH’s and as you can see the original box is still there, if somewhat weathered.

So, can anybody shed a bit more light on this combination, age, where they any good, etc, I would be most grateful.

Many thanks,

Steve.

Attachments

• GT7a.jpg
    GT7a.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 2,054
  • GT6a.jpg
    GT6a.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 2,054
  • GT5a.jpg
    GT5a.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 2,055
  • GT4a.jpg
    GT4a.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 2,055
  • GT3a.jpg
    GT3a.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 2,054
  • GT2a.jpg
    GT2a.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 2,055
  • GT1a.jpg
    GT1a.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 2,054
Terrible find. You need to send them to me for disposal. Especially those Judy forks. I need some legs and internals :) Are you likely to sell them?

:shock: :shock: :shock: IN A SKIP???

This has to be contender for 'Skip King'?

I don't know much about the carbon LTS but I thought they were quite rare :?: and pretty much a precursor to the STS... I would say about 1995/6 era I think. Give it a good check over for potential cracks in the carbon. Forks look in good condition other than what appears to be a little white 'mold' which looks superficial.

Very, very nice find IMHO

Donnie

Indeed a very nice find!

I've seen a few of these carbon LTS with the Judy DH fork, so I guess it is original. The fork is from 1995. So my guess this one is from 1995 too.

Back