Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:45 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:10 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:59 am
Posts: 4437
Location: Near Southampton
Hi

I have searched on here but not found the answer I am looking for! I need some cheap and cheerful lights for a work commute and have seen this set on ebay...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SUPER-BRIGHT- ... 2576065643

Does anyone else have these? Are they any good?

Or alternatively can anyone recommend a set that is around the £20 mark...

Thanks in advance

Wook


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:35 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:19 am
Posts: 1197
Location: Worthing, W.Sussex
I love these lights...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5w-Cree-LED-M ... 20cb35f5a1

cheap, bright, small.

Dave


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:45 pm 
Gold Trader / MacRetro rider
Gold Trader / MacRetro rider

Joined: Thu May 06, 2010 10:05 pm
Posts: 5650
Location: Aberdeen
Have you seen the "Bargain Ebay Lights" thread in the Bikes 1998---> section of the forum? Lots of options discussed in there.
I have some of the original ebay lights mentioned in that thread and they're still going strong, ideal for commuting.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:08 pm 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:04 pm
Posts: 2500
Location: West Sussex
Piperdave wrote:


Plus one for these, cheap and bright tho if you are going somewhere REALLY dark they don't light up the countryside too well.

I upgraded to some of these which are fantastic !!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CREE-XML-XM-L-T6-1600-Lumen-LED-Cycle-Bicycle-Lamp-Bike-Light-HeadLamp-Headlight-/200855317230?pt=UK_SportsLeisure_Cycling_Bike_Lights&hash=item2ec3e8eaee

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:12 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:59 am
Posts: 4437
Location: Near Southampton
Piperdave wrote:
I love these lights...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5w-Cree-LED-M ... 20cb35f5a1

cheap, bright, small.

Dave



Ahh yes I had seen those too, seem too cheap to be any good! But for £7 its worth a shot maybe!


Last edited by wookiee on Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:15 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:59 am
Posts: 4437
Location: Near Southampton
jimo746 wrote:
Have you seen the "Bargain Ebay Lights" thread in the Bikes 1998---> section of the forum? Lots of options discussed in there.
I have some of the original ebay lights mentioned in that thread and they're still going strong, ideal for commuting.



Ahh I'll have to look into that thread...don't have a link do you? :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:18 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:59 am
Posts: 4437
Location: Near Southampton
MADJEZ wrote:
Piperdave wrote:


Plus one for these, cheap and bright tho if you are going somewhere REALLY dark they don't light up the countryside too well.

I upgraded to some of these which are fantastic !!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CREE-XML-XM-L-T6-1600-Lumen-LED-Cycle-Bicycle-Lamp-Bike-Light-HeadLamp-Headlight-/200855317230?pt=UK_SportsLeisure_Cycling_Bike_Lights&hash=item2ec3e8eaee

Image


That second set are a fantastic price! But to be honest I get scared in the woods in the dark on my own! :oops: But seriously they are for riding the 6 miles to work and back on street lit roads...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:22 pm 
Gold Trader / MacRetro rider
Gold Trader / MacRetro rider

Joined: Thu May 06, 2010 10:05 pm
Posts: 5650
Location: Aberdeen
wookiee wrote:
...don't have a link do you? :wink:


I sure do :D here you go, all 42 pages of the thread :shock:

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=111279&hilit=bargain+ebay+lights


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:29 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:59 am
Posts: 4437
Location: Near Southampton
jimo746 wrote:
wookiee wrote:
...don't have a link do you? :wink:


I sure do :D here you go, all 42 pages of the thread :shock:

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=111279&hilit=bargain+ebay+lights


Hahaha ok well that will keep me busy tonight! Cheers mate!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:27 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:59 am
Posts: 4437
Location: Near Southampton
Went for these in the end...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/150918487341? ... 1439.l2649

We'll see how good they are when they arrive! Thanks for the input guys.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CristiRD, GT4130, Spanky22b, xerxes and 32 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

About Us

Follow Retrobike

Other cool stuff

All content © 2005-2015 Retrobike unless otherwise stated.
Cookies Policy.
bikedeals - the best bike deals in one place
FatCOGS - Fat Chance Owner's Group

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group