Stupid question

maverick

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
What are the drop bars that are sometimes used on MTB's called. Please son't say 'Drop bars'. I have tried the usual evilbay search but don't seem to be able to fine ones with the same flare that some guys on here have fitted.

Does anyone have a set to sell?

Cheers, Mark.

Have you tried "MTB drop bar" yet? I seem to be getting a result via eBay UK, but the item is in the Ustated Nights.

Oh, and there's no such thing as a stupid question, only a stupid answer.
(unless you ask people if there are any numbers between purple and Tuesday, of course)

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
They're known as "dirt drops"
WTB ( good luck finding them!) made them as did Specialized.
Nitto make a version but for OS stems only, as do On One (Midge) and Salsa (Woodchipper).
There are probably others too.

The original WTB dirt drops are excellent, but, as above, rare - and very expensive if you can find any. On One Midges are OK, but have a much shorter lower hand hold section, which spoiled them for me when I tried a set. I haven't examined the new "dirt drops", but the second best to the originals that I have tried are Origin 8 Gary bars, obtained from the USA. Their failing (and that of the first version of the newer "dirt drops") is that internal diameter is too small to take bar end shifters without serious surgery.

MTB stem clamp size and I think the ends of the bars are further out than the curve of the drop to gives better position.

Back