dyna-tech reserection

oldandgrumpy

Retro Newbie
This poor bike used to be my commuter hack and has sat neglected in my shed since 2006.. so ive decided that its time to bring it back to life..

The frame number starts with A26 *** so i think its one of the first ones. any help here would be useful..

I'm going to fix what needs fixing first so that I can enjoy riding it again before i decide to add better bits to bring it back up to a more useful bike.

It will probably never be ridden off road again so will get kitted out for tarmac use.

Attachments

• IMG_5038.JPG
    IMG_5038.JPG
    148.7 KB · Views: 500
First question is it a real team bike or just a replica?

You may find it's highly desirable if it's the first of the real team Dynatechs and well worth thinking about how you approach the resto as some would probably say don't paint it, just polish it up and put on new stickers.

Carl.

thanks all..

coomber...... it was the dyna-tech thread that brought me to this site

drcarlos ...... how would I know if its a team bike and not a replica ? and I think it might be beyond just polishing it up !!

Attachments

• IMG_5041.JPG
    IMG_5041.JPG
    46.1 KB · Views: 444
  • IMG_5044.JPG
    IMG_5044.JPG
    40 KB · Views: 444
Have a look in this thread: http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=243128 post up about your bike (linking back here).
There are some very knowledgeable people watching that thread who may be able to help.
What I can say for sure though is in 1990 the first year of Dynatech (I have the '89 team rep and it s more traditional lugged 531 frame) the Wishbone stay bike like yours was used by the team riders in the very colours that yours is painted in, so anything is possible. Even if it isn't a real team bike it's worth repainting in team colours if that was the original scheme as high end replicas are super rare, my '89 being 1 of only 250 made.

Carl.

oldandgrumpy":3m7rn3bj said:
The frame number starts with A26 *** so i think its one of the first ones. any help here would be useful..

A=1990 for year of manufacture , so yes definitely one of the early ones

Looks like a Team Replica rather than actual Team bike - usually riders name or initials instead of frame number.
Have you still got the original Dynamax straight blade forks?

Post up a photo of the tubeset sticker (located on the seat tube), will probably be 2070.

They are well worth a good thrashing off road.

Heres how they looked and how mine ended up

dynatech_voyager_191.jpg

file.php

Bringing back memories

My first proper bike was a 1991 Dyna-Tech Mission

I loved it. I broke the frame and had a couple of the titanium Ogres and then replaced that with a welded Ti Torus frame

Still got the frame - considering rebuilding it

unfortunately I no longer have the original Dynamax straight blade forks, after quite a big crash one of the brake mounts was ripped of so these were fitted to get me back on the road. I kept the blue forks (hoping one day to get them repaired) and the alloy chain set for a few years, but they (and a box of other spares) appear to have been lost during one of my many moves around the planet.

Can you still get these forks ? can you get them at a sensible price ?

caramba Kid here's the picture of the 2070 sticker

Attachments

• IMG_5046.JPG
    IMG_5046.JPG
    143 KB · Views: 348

Latest posts

Back