Tell me about DeKerf

ishaw

Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
I've just received a DeKerf today after trading my Mongoose Amplifier for it (maybe not teh best deal for me, but the goose was too small, and I am hoping that the Dekerf is better in that respect). I don't really know much about them, aside from the great reviews people have posted about theirs on here, and the fact that they look very nice indeed. So who can tell me about them, what kind of kit looks at home on them?

Cheers

Run some nice light wheels on rigid forks (P2s work a treat). Don't worry about owt else. They can be dripped in Syncros but that always looks a bit meh. These are riding bikes- built up as funds allow- not yuppies' toys!

ishaw":19l4falw said:
I've just received a DeKerf today after trading my Mongoose Amplifier for it (maybe not teh best deal for me, but the goose was too small, and I am hoping that the Dekerf is better in that respect). I don't really know much about them, aside from the great reviews people have posted about theirs on here, and the fact that they look very nice indeed. So who can tell me about them, what kind of kit looks at home on them?

Cheers
are you kidding me :shock:
toss the mongoose under a moving truck any day for a dekerf. :LOL:
pictures when you have it please.
race face looks good on them too.
roy

It was a very nice mongoose amplifier!

Thanks for the comments/info. It came with some P2s so I could run with those, although was contemplating suspension and was toying with judy fsx, SL or some carbon amp forks I have.

I'm trying to get this built up with parts I have, as I'm feeling the pinch financially so its either that or sell parts to fund the bits I need.

I do have some syncros kit (cranks, stem, steer horns all in silver) but may run m952 on it, the only thing stopping me throwing something together is wheels as I've not got anything suitable really.

Is there any way of identifying the frame from the frame number (DEK254?). Someone did tell me what it was originally as its been resprayed but I've misfiled the PM.

PM dekerf on here or try an email to him. My guess is that number will be in his book of serial numbers, given he could ID that he had made the 1991 Rocky Altitudes not from a picture but remembering some little detail, The Toads he built with their serial number in the late 80's, look for the thread also search dekerf in the titles.

It'a a '94, made from Ritchey Logic.
If you must fit sus forks, make them modern ones, Reba or Magura Durin would be perfect at 80mm (Dekerf can easily accomodate an extra 15mm travel). Nothing from the last century is good enough. It would be like Jessica Ennis with a Katie Price tit job; amusing to bounce them up and down in the shed, but you wouldn't, would you..?

Modern forks would be crap, keep it retro with some nice period forks. Good old MAGs compliment them nicely, even better when colour matched.

Back