Transfers Decals stickers for an old Orange Aluminium O

Uksmiler

Retro Newbie
Hi All,

Having asked a few questions in other places and spent a little time on google I'm still drawing blanks....

As I'm sure these things are as rare as chicken teeth I thought I'd come to one of the few places that might be able to help. I'd like to spruce the old girl up with a new paint job and fresh set of decals, does anyone here have any advice?

Thanks in advance

Will

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 446
Gil_M at http://www.thecycleshed.co.uk can supply decals,no problem.

Painting is the real headache.Argos in Bristol or Bob Jackson can do superb paint jobs in wet paint,which would give you the classic team colour orange/white fade but expect it to cost a lot of money relative to the bikes value.Faced with the same problem I had my Clockwork powder coated Pure Orange (RAL 2008 I think) for £50.This is not the correct orange but weirdly it contrasts well with the orange on Gil_M's decals and I have ended up really liking the result.Having also owned BITD both Clockwork and Prestige with white stems and handlebars,I had these parts powder coated Pure White and with Stalk decals these really look the part.

There is a thread on this forum which has a list of good and bad painters.

Good luck.

My Orange Prestige was painted by Bob Jackson's in Leeds, decals supplied by gil_m, (see link in my signature).

I've already PM'd you about the decals ;)

I have a couple of spare sets of decals for one of these..

One set is bright orange, and the other set is gold. Obviously not OE colours, but maybe suitable if you're planning a colour change..

Thank you for the replys. Really nice to have a response from those in the know!

How much roughly would a two tone paint job cost, I'm a bit of a tight wad but I would love to see the old girl back in original colours.

Cheers for the offer GT Steve, but I'm opting for the standard look. Talking of which, I've PM'd and emailed Mr Gil_M without response?

Gil doesn't sit on the p.c. all day like us so give him a few days more and he will reply

I have seen figurers like £250 - £300 mentioned for two tone wet paint with transfers etc.

Shot blast and powder coat round here costs from £50-£55

Back