Voodoo decals

konaman1

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Kona Fan
Feedback
View
Hi all, I have a '96 Voodoo frame arriving very soon that has been resprayed but is in need of decals. Has anyone had any repro decals made up?

I have pm'd Gil but am waiting on a reply.

Cheers.

can take some pics and measurements if you need some for gil, i have a 99 hoodoo and 97 erzulie where the decals are pretty intact.

Cheers mate that could be very helpful.

Its a Bizango with the Ritchey hooded drop outs, I should get it tomorrow :)

I have a '97 Bizango sitting at home (that I've owned since new) in great condition if you need additional info, I've probably got the catalog somewhere as well. PM me if you need any info/pics.

konaman1":1hja8l7q said:
Hi all, I have a '96 Voodoo frame arriving very soon that has been resprayed but is in need of decals. Has anyone had any repro decals made up?
I have pm'd Gil but am waiting on a reply.
Cheers.
Have you tried asking Joe Murray Matt? He was very helpful when I needed a head badge for my 96 Wanga and it's not impossible that he may have some early decals in a drawer somewhere, or else maybe some later ones that would be a close substitute.

Incidentally it's VooDoo not Voodoo! I noticed in correspondence that he was always careful to write it that way.

I look forward to seeing this beauty in the flesh. Maybe we can have a 'made in Chico' ride sometime soon?

PS
If you would like a copy of the 1996 catalogue, please pm me your email address. I'm afraid it isn't all that good (neither the catalogue itself nor the copy), but I guess better than nothing and of some interest for the history.

Great stuff, thanks guys.

That would be great to see a '96 catalogue thanks Anthony, pm incoming!

I did a few searches but couldn't find a whole lot on pre 2000 VooDoo bikes and I couldn't see any contact details on their current website either.

konaman1":3e63psma said:
I did a few searches but couldn't find a whole lot on pre 2000 VooDoo bikes and I couldn't see any contact details on their current website either.
I've written about early VooDoo history so many times that I don't like to repeat myself. I'm sure people think 'ohnonotimagain' as it is. But maybe not that visible to the search engine.

I agree that VooDoo has always been neglected on this website. I don't know why. They were designed by a Hall-of-Fame member and the early ones were made in the USA by another Hall-of-Fame member. You might think that would be respectable enough, but they don't even merit an entry in the manufacturers archive and when I offered copies of the 96 and 97 catalogues, nobody got back to me.

Still, I suppose it keeps them cheap relative to that other brand. :?

id be intrested in scans of the 96 catalog too, i have a 96 djab. are the decals the same as the modern ones with the colours reversed? i got a new set form voodoo a couple of years back and they were very helpfull. rojo on here might have the contact deatles for joe

Anthony":35elyw8p said:
konaman1":35elyw8p said:
I've written about early VooDoo history so many times that I don't like to repeat myself. I'm sure people think 'ohnonotimagain' as it is. But maybe not that visible to the search engine.

I agree that VooDoo has always been neglected on this website. I don't know why. They were designed by a Hall-of-Fame member and the early ones were made in the USA by another Hall-of-Fame member. You might think that would be respectable enough, but they don't even merit an entry in the manufacturers archive and when I offered copies of the 96 and 97 catalogues, nobody got back to me.

Still, I suppose it keeps them cheap relative to that other brand. :?

I have read with interest your posts regarding VooDoo Anthony but outside of this site not much crops up on Google.

On a side note would it be a travesty to have it repainted anything other than orange? I was thinking of a flaming headtube look giving a nod to its Kona Hot stablemate...

Back