Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:01 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Define 'DIBS' Thread
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:05 pm 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:14 am
Posts: 1871
Location: Kuranda DH circa 1991
i dibs the eighth page


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Define 'DIBS' Thread
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:22 pm 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:51 pm
Posts: 2277
Location: Llantwit Major
merckx wrote:
i dibs the eighth page



Didn't work


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Define 'DIBS' Thread
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:18 am 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:33 pm
Posts: 3976
Location: Brighton
i do believe nobody on this thread knows what they are talking about.
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=define%3A+dibs


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Define 'DIBS' Thread
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:36 am 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:14 am
Posts: 1871
Location: Kuranda DH circa 1991
Logic.Al wrote:
merckx wrote:
i dibs the eighth page



Didn't work


damn


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Define 'DIBS' Thread
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:15 am 
BoTY & PoTM Winner
BoTY & PoTM Winner
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:19 pm
Posts: 7056
Location: KEEPING THEM SAFE FROM HARM, ANYWAY I CAN....!
twain wrote:
i do believe nobody on this thread knows what they are talking about.
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=define%3A+dibs



By your own omission, the meaing of dibs is.......

Calling "dibs" is an informal convention where one declares a first claim to something to which no individual has any clearly recognized right. Calling "dibs" is only possible, when the caller is fit and able to take care of the claim. Such a declaration is often recognized in certain cultures, or sub-cultures, as a means to avoid arguments over relatively trivial issues.


I like the last bit of the meaning.....PMSL.

to avoid arguements over relatively trivial issues.........lol........, and here we are on page 7/8....... :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Define 'DIBS' Thread
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:32 am 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:33 pm
Posts: 3976
Location: Brighton
sinnerman wrote:
twain wrote:
i do believe nobody on this thread knows what they are talking about.
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=define%3A+dibs



By your own omission, the meaing of dibs is.......

Calling "dibs" is an informal convention where one declares a first claim to something to which no individual has any clearly recognized right. Calling "dibs" is only possible, when the caller is fit and able to take care of the claim. Such a declaration is often recognized in certain cultures, or sub-cultures, as a means to avoid arguments over relatively trivial issues.


I like the last bit of the meaning.....PMSL.

to avoid arguements over relatively trivial issues.........lol........, and here we are on page 7/8....... :lol:


:lol: :facepalm:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Define 'DIBS' Thread
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:35 am 
BoTY & PoTM Winner
BoTY & PoTM Winner
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:19 pm
Posts: 7056
Location: KEEPING THEM SAFE FROM HARM, ANYWAY I CAN....!
twain wrote:
sinnerman wrote:
twain wrote:
i do believe nobody on this thread knows what they are talking about.
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=define%3A+dibs



By your own omission, the meaing of dibs is.......

Calling "dibs" is an informal convention where one declares a first claim to something to which no individual has any clearly recognized right. Calling "dibs" is only possible, when the caller is fit and able to take care of the claim. Such a declaration is often recognized in certain cultures, or sub-cultures, as a means to avoid arguments over relatively trivial issues.


I like the last bit of the meaning.....PMSL.

to avoid arguements over relatively trivial issues.........lol........, and here we are on page 7/8....... :lol:


:lol: :facepalm:




PMSL..... :lol: And the winner to page 8, on dibs avoiding arguements over relatively trivial issues, goes To Twain...... 8)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Define 'DIBS' Thread
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:42 am 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:14 am
Posts: 1871
Location: Kuranda DH circa 1991
i am cross. :x

i clearly dibbed this page, and someone else just got it instead.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Define 'DIBS' Thread
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:54 am 
BoTY & PoTM Winner
BoTY & PoTM Winner
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:19 pm
Posts: 7056
Location: KEEPING THEM SAFE FROM HARM, ANYWAY I CAN....!
merckx wrote:
i am cross. :x

i clearly dibbed this page, and someone else just got it instead.



The simple solution is to start a thread...... 8)


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot] and 44 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

About Us

Follow Retrobike

Other cool stuff

All content © 2005-2015 Retrobike unless otherwise stated.
Cookies Policy.
bikedeals - the best bike deals in one place
FatCOGS - Fat Chance Owner's Group

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group