Headset alternatives.

Logic.Al

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
This is going to be the one place where I will definately be using something modern. I'd rather have pretty colours and reliability. Don't really want a Chris King though.

I use an FSA Orbit MX.

Ok it lacks the finer quality of a King, BUT it is well made, very smooth and fairly hardy - they get good reviews. Just beware of getting one from CRC as they seem to be wrapped in little bags and not boxed, so maybe OE equipment that never made it to a bike? I ordered from there and was ok, my mate ordered the same and had a bit missing.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I was looking at that one. Not sure on Red or Blue though :) I guess the other option is to get a mix and match hope :)

I've got Hopes on a couple of my bikes. They're good. I've got a Chris King on my commuter (Hope didn't make a 1" threadless). It's also good.

Hope top covers are often a pig to fit because the rubber seal is so thick it's hard to get down the steerer tube.

Logic.Al":3c659nc6 said:
This is going to be the one place where I will definately be using something modern. I'd rather have pretty colours and reliability. Don't really want a Chris King though.
What's unreliable about a quill stem?

Back