My Klein decisions....

Negawsklov

Retro Guru
I've strippedd my 96 Pulse Comp and it's currently away being painted. All the bits that were on it are now on a Gary Fisher Joshua F2 frame I've just bought from Egay. Now, what shall I do about the bits I now need for the Klein. I know it's not totally retro being a 96 but I'm guessing XTR M950 or M952 is correct for the era. I have some RC35 but should it be 36's?

Cheers for any assistance
Mike

Hello Mike,

''not retro''!? Where's the cut off point? :).. In my opinion: so long as it's before 2000, it's Retro :)

I have a '97 Pulse comp under the Wet and Dry paper as we speak -I have the same dilemma as you regarding parts for the rebuild but I'm being more relaxed about period parts. The criteria I have set is just about what 'looks right' and works best for heavy trail use for that one. M95* Brakeset will be fitted along with black 2001 Marzocchi Bomber Z5's. I do like these frames for they allow a certain amount of 'artistic licence' :)

As for the Pace RC35's? Well they are correct for '96 assuming that you want to select componentry from that year...

http://www.goatsurfer.com/pace_forks.html#1996

Good Luck!

your bike, your choice......surely the only important thing is that its ridden!.....get some pictures up too!..... :D

Yeah I agree with the ridden statement and it will be just not thrashed as it was before (the Joshua is for that!). Well I've got some real nice M952 XTR levers today so that will now be the route I'm going to go down. Chainset??? Well not sure, always loved Cook Bros so may indulge in some. Frame should be back in a week or so and I need to put the graphics on before it goes back for a pearl (ish) clear coat. I will put up some Joshua pics shortly but only have a pic of the Klein frame all naked before it went to the painters.

Mike

Ha ha... Finally went to put the graphics on but found a blemish on it so the painter bloke insisted on doing it all again aswell as doing my recently purchased Syncros stem to match. I forgot to take some pics but will when I go next time.. I t did look bloody nice though !!

Can I ask who did the painting for you and do you have any pictures of the bike/paint/defect?

sylus":1xhz7i46 said:
Can I ask who did the painting for you and do you have any pictures of the bike/paint/defect?

Its being done by Trestans in Southampton and the blemish was from a hanger not a paint reaction. I dont have a pic as completely forgot to take any. I would highly reconmend them for the money.

Back